I need a perm bad!!! Any suggestions on which perm to purchase?

Coil Tresses

I'm skeptical from buying a relaxer at the beauty supplies. I watched a long episode on counterfeit goods, everything from pharmaceutical pills to Nike's. So, I want to know what is a good perm for 4a/4b hair. That way I can find the distributor and purchase it directly. When I was perming I was using Mizani, but there is no way I can order it from them, and their distributors aren't close to my area. I appreciate any and all replies.

I like Silk Elements Relaxer (Regular Strength). It is a Sally Beauty Supply brand, so if you get it from a Sally Beauty Supply store or the online website you will get the real deal. If you do a search you will see a lot of good reviews for this brand. HTH!

I like Silk Elements Relaxer (Regular Strength). It is a Sally Beauty Supply brand, so if you get it from a Sally Beauty Supply store or the online website you will get the real deal. If you do a search you will see a lot of good reviews for this brand. HTH!

I like this brand also.

I like the Proclaim relaxer which is at Sally's. But have recently bought Linanage after so many good reviews.

OP... if you liked Mizani you can try getting it from one of the more reputable BSS. A lot of people on the board have had good experiences with BlueBeez.com and Payne's Beauty Supply.

I use design essentials. Don't know about anyone else's reviews but I like it.

I second this!
I'm 4a/b too, and I use the Lo-Lye formula. I notice that I never end up all the way straight, even though my stylist smooths it in the whole time. But I still love it because it doesn't make my hair weak or dry, and I've never been burned by it. I would recommend it to anyone.

Back