i know yall are gettin sick of my questions..

candibaby

but, how do you keep your hair from being puffy after washing it? no matter what i do -- airdry or blowdry, my hair ALWAYS ends up puffy and stays that way for like 2 days before it goes back to normal. is there any way i can prevent this or at least keep it at a minimum?

Candi, everyone here is eager to help...otherwise there wouldn't be so many members.

Are you doing a roller set or a straight blowdry?

My hair did the same thing when I was using really harsh shampoos. Maybe you need a more gentle shampoo and a good moisturizing conditioner.
smile.gif

My hair always poofs when I wash it, I have found a wonderful product that leaves my hair straight, frizz-free and shiny, it's made by a dominican company it's called Dominican rollerset and it's only available in Dominican salons
grin.gif
I'm in a silly mood, but seriously dominican rollersets with my roots blowdried is
dance7.gif
, but at home I get similar results if I use a moisturizing shampoo like CON professional version (I don't like the reg' version) and a moisturizing conditioner, and an anti frizz serum. The key is moisture, I read that when hair esp. curly doesn't have enough moisture it pulls moisture from the air and that causes it to frizz up, I have no idea if that's true but moisture helps keep my hair from getting poofy. Also after I do a rollersets I blowdry my roots downward (only) section by section, apply a light cream on the ends and wrap it overnight.

thank you ladies.
webby i usually try to roll the hair at the crown and wrap the rest around it (thats how my hairdresser does it) but when i get frustrated i straight blow dry it.

i've never heard of a dominican salon (except for on here) and i dont think there is one where i live.

Have you tried different liquid leave ins along with a cream leave in? Or a liquid leave in along with an oil.
Also are you just leaving your hair out/down to dry? Maybe try a loose twist or wet bun after you use your leave in. Hope this helps.

thats what i tried today. i braided my hair after i put in my leave in ...... still ridiculously puffy so i dry-wrapped it and am leaving it that way until the morning.

do yall think that frizz-ease relax by john frieda would be a good remedy for all of this? i was thinking about trying it because i need some more shampoo/conditioner so.. ?

[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:
but, how do you keep your hair from being puffy after washing it? no matter what i do -- airdry or blowdry, my hair ALWAYS ends up puffy and stays that way for like 2 days before it goes back to normal. is there any way i can prevent this or at least keep it at a minimum?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to picture what you mean. Do you mean like having "big hair"? What do you mean "going back to normal" after a couple of days?

After taking out my braids for a braidout, I tie a satin scarf tightly on my head for 30 min. or so and that helps some with the puffiness. At night when my hair is braided up, I now put on a satin sleeping cap and a tight stocking cap over that so my hair isn't as puffed up the next day.

[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:
thank you ladies.
webby i usually try to roll the hair at the crown and wrap the rest around it (thats how my hairdresser does it) but when i get frustrated i straight blow dry it.

i've never heard of a dominican salon (except for on here) and i dont think there is one where i live.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do roller sets and I've found the key to having nice, smooth, straight ends is rolling from the tips to the crown. You need to use rollers, preferably magnetic rollers, suitable for your length of hair and comb the hair up (away from scalp), roll down (towards scalp).

You should make sure that your hair is completly dry when you pull out your rollers, otherwise you are going to get frizz.

This is what is referred to as domincan roller set.

I had that same problem. I though I had to use heat all the time to dry my hair cuz it would look like a bush when I use to air dry it. My problem was the leave in conditioners, I can't do it! There is something in them that makes my hair dry hard and bushy!

Also, I thought hair serums like Frizz ease were making my hair more manageable and they weren't. I discovered this only last week when I forgot to use it after I washed out my conditioner. I couldn't figure out why my hair felt so soft after it was dry. Then I remembered that the only thing I did different was to NOT use the hair serum.

What I find is that I only have to wash and deep condition my hair every three days. I use UBH for the deep conditioner and then I use kera-care dry itchy scalp conditioner for a final rinse cuz the UBH is good for strenghtening it has helped my overprocessed hair feel much better but the Keracare has the slip to I need.

After that I mosturize my hair no serums, infusium 23 or leave in conditiners just a mosturizer then I air dry! I don't braid or anything...my hair takes forever to air dry in a braid-out or ponytail unless it is summer. When my hair dries it is full and shiny not poufy in anyway! My next step is to straighten and bump with a curling iron.

This is the routine that has been working so far for my 4a/b hair and I am almost 4 weeks post relax and my hair needs to look good for corporate america!

Good luck I know everything isn't for everyone so I don't try all of what I see on LHCF either but maybe some of this will be helpful to you. I find that a simple routine is working best for me.
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to picture what you mean. Do you mean like having "big hair"? What do you mean "going back to normal" after a couple of days?

[/ QUOTE ]

by "going back to normal" i mean flattening down.

falon, i never use serums on my hair, because personally i think they make my hair smell bad.

thanks webby, i guess i've been doing dominican rollersets all this time, because thats the way my hairdresser taught me to roll my hair (from the tips to the scalp).

thanks ladies. i'm going to try the frizz ease relax and let yall know what happens.

Back