I know jealousy is not good but....

I went to visit my brother in Europe after several years apart and he is growing his hair out. And I am trying soooo hard not to be jealous- we have two completely different hair types. Why do men usually get what they don't even need? lol

Last edited:
girl don't EVEN get me started... my SO has straight hair and long GORGEOUS eyelashes... WHY I ASK YOU???? :lachen:

I really think men's ability to grow hair quickly has more to do with ther testosterone levels. Think about it. The higher a person's testerone level, the more hair that person tends to have.:yep:

I don't know if its jealousy or envy but I know exactly what you mean.
I was in the mall on Saturday and I turned around and saw this young lady hair was just beautiful. It was probably 2" past SL but it looked so soft and she also had highlights, I'm walking around with this darn bun hoping to be this close--> <--to BSL when I touch-up this weekend. :ohwell:

There is also this little girl I work with who complains that she hates her hair length -- shes a 3a who is about an inch or so past BSL (when straightened)and she thinks its too short. :perplexed: She's "waiting for it to grow back from a cut." I felt like throwing a file at her..

There is also this little girl I work with who complains that she hates her hair length -- shes a 3a who is about an inch or so past BSL (when straightened)and she thinks its too short. :perplexed: She's "waiting for it to grow back from a cut." I felt like throwing a file at her..

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

To the op, your brother's hair is really beautiful. I am not a jealous person at all but I can understand how you feel because his hair is kinda just extra gorgeous but you are blessed with an awful lot of beautiful hair yourself:yep:.

I went to visit my brother in Europe after several years apart and he is growing his hair out. And I am trying soooo hard not to be jealous- we have two completely different hair types. Why do men usually get what they don't even need? lol

:lachen:Girl, I know what you mean. DH has soft, wavy nape hair and doesn't have to add a thing to it. Me, well that another story...

ha!! :rofl:

I know! They also have thick eyebrows so they can be arched and shaped however you'd want them!!!! The nurses in OB/GYN always comment on how the boy babies always have long lashes while the girl babies hardly have any lashes!

Men freakin suck! I went to school with a guy who naturally had NO hair on his legs! :blush: His legs were so smooth and pretty! My dh has the longest, curliest lashes ever.... While I'm here slathering mine in JBCO and SAA every day :ohwell: AND if he puts on a little weight, all he has to do is 30 crunches and he has a six pack! I'm like ''WTF???? You get a six pack in a day, and I'm still tryin to lose baby weight from our FIRST kid!!!''

Ugh, men suck :wallbash:

Girl, I know what you meant; both of my little brothers came out the womb with long curly lashes and little curlies on their heads. I was jealous from the jump! Boys are stupid! LOL!

Men freakin suck! I went to school with a guy who naturally had NO hair on his legs! :blush: His legs were so smooth and pretty! My dh has the longest, curliest lashes ever.... While I'm here slathering mine in JBCO and SAA every day :ohwell: AND if he puts on a little weight, all he has to do is 30 crunches and he has a six pack! I'm like ''WTF???? You get a six pack in a day, and I'm still tryin to lose baby weight from our FIRST kid!!!''

Ugh, men suck :wallbash:

A man who has no hair on his legs?? What?!! This just got worse! LOL

Omygosh! I never realized that before you said that but they usually do! Features that should be reserved for those that need it- us!! lol

you both have beautiful hair:blush:...my DH has eyelashes to die for, he has 7 sisters, and they have always picked on him for his long lashes, out of jealousy of course. I'm oh so envious.

your bro has nice hair and you have pretty hair too.

my brother has what ignorant people would class as "good" hair (fools always asking if he's mixed :rolleyes:) whilst i have that "bad" hair :look:. his hair is lovely but i'm not jealous of his texture (just that it's all seemingly one texture and grows quick; i have 3 textures and mine grows slow, imo). i love and appreciate my own hair; no-one else's is superior to my own.

Yeah my little brother (22 nearly 6 ft.) is growing out his hair I haven't seen him in a couple yrs. I checked his myspace tombout "long hair don't care", "black Jesus" sittin' up there with almost APL hair. This is the same kid who used to run around with an half-fro w/ the back worn off because he wouldn't tie it up at night.

Back