I know I shouldn't have done it but I did

Dionne

I know I shouldn\'t have done it but I did

I relaxed after only three weeks. I know what you are thinking but I had a HUGE growth spurt. From the last time I relaxed, my hair grew about an inch. I have never gotten growth like that. I bought some revlon regular lye and went to work. I gained about an inch all over. I just went to get it trimmed by my cousin but I told her to just cut off an inch instead. My ends were really dry and even though I don't have to cut off that much, I had a little undreprocessed hair left and I want it out of my head asap. I figure if my growth conitues like this, I will be able to rid my hair of all underproccessed parts and gain 2 inches but the end of the summer. And just to think, I am going to add more vitamins.
smile.gif

Re: I know I shouldn\'t have done it but I did

i'm glad you didn't have any damage from doing this, but what if you get another inch in three more weeks. will you do it again? i think it's better to get control of the new growth and wait the proper amount of time than to perm at the first sign of progress. eventually that can catch up with you. you're trimming to get rid of the underprocessed hair, but what do you think you'll end up with if you keep doing this? overprocessed hair...
ohwell.gif

i don't mean to fuss, but i just don't want to see any disasters down the road...
nono.gif

Re: I know I shouldn\'t have done it but I did

I understand what you are saying. I highly doubt I will be able to keep up the super fast growth (but I really hope my body proves me wrong
smile.gif
)but if I do I won't relax it again. I will prolly try straw sets and stuff like that.

Back