I kinda New..to This.. I just chopped my hair off..how to get a short molded style?

Quita3514

Sooo my hair was really damaged after a whole year of wearing tracks and braids soo i just chopped it off. now im having a hard time adjusting because i wanna look cute but at the same time i wanna grow my hair out and i feel like i cant do both bc i triying to minimize the heat. So ladies im interested in how to wrap and mold short hair thats tapered at the back so it comes out silky and shiny..I just cant get that shine like at the shop?If you could help me please with the products you use or you regimen??? Thanks

Re: I kinda New..to This.. I just chopped my hair off..how to get a short molded styl

see you are a long time lurker posting for the first time.

Are you relaxed or Natural? If its natural the it will be hard to do that and and keep the style. If you are relaxed the a good silk scarf and a bit of moisturizer should do. Just wrap you hair. I think if your hair is so damaged style should be the least of your worries. Try searching for a regimen which will help you to get it back to health.

Re: I kinda New..to This.. I just chopped my hair off..how to get a short molded styl

How long is your hair?

no im relaxed and i think the damaged hair has all been chopped..its very low and tapered at the back..i think i might be using the wrong products bc sometimes my wrap comes out greasy or heavy looking..then when i dont use any products it looks dry..im confused

Im interested in the same answers... Im bumping this for you.

When trying to wrap shorter hair, make sure you use a good leave in conditioner(it doesn't take much). I use Lacio Lacio, Nexxus Leave in, but there are many inexpensive good ones. Once you have conditioned, then I use a wrap foam to mold the hair, again, it doesn't take much, depending on your hair's thickness. You can sit under the dryer, or scarf dry. It should be soft and full of body when its taken down.

To maintain, I would lightly moisturize the ends and edges nightly, to keep it from getting greasy.

I only use gel on the very bottom of my hair line, to lay it down, while wet. I have to use gel more often when I need a relaxer. I use Mizani Gel the clear one. I also tie the hair down with the paper strips, whether I airdry or sit under a hooded dryer!

Back