I just ordered Caruso Rollers!!!!!

Tonya

I am so excited!!! I guess I can try my ponytail method now! I can hardly wait for this week to pass to get that baby in my hands...
Any special procedures I should know about it? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

This will be one of the best investments you have ever made!!!

Special procedures... mmmmm not too many - but:

1 - make sure you don't leave the roller on tooo long... doing so will actually make your hair "wet" and some have complained about their loc being frizzy when they take the roller out. (I use to count to 8 or 10 but now I just squeeze the sponge to see if it's warm enough ... but again not wet.

2 - Depending on your preference, you can moisturize your loc AFTER the roller is out or BEFORE. I've done both with good results. Actually, I like moisturizing my ends and strands before I put a roller on but end up spraying a little gloss all over afterwards anyway.

3 - Some of us order more rollers in a certain size. Some don't. I'm one of the ones that don't. The hair sets so fast that by the time I run out of medium sized, I can just take some rollers out on the other side of my head and re-use them again.

4 - This may also help you solve your issue with not getting your wetsets the way you want them. It will at least allow you to "practice". I have actually rolled my hair all over with Carusos and wore a roller wrap/doobie the whole week. (I did this because I was too lazy to wash and wet set my hair the real way)

E-mail me and let me know how it comes out... I'm so excited for you!

Tonya,
When I first started using the rollers my hair came out FUZZY and awful. I changed my methodology. I put moisturizer on my hair prior to using the rollers (let it dry), but now I use end papers and I let my hair sit until it dries completely (20 minutes) or I take out the rollers and replace them with magnetic rollers to hold the curl. But now my hair loves them. My hair is THICK and for me the curls only last one day! I am going to try it with some setting lotion for dry hair...... Good Luck I haven't used heat/curling irons in months.

carolyn gray gives some tips on this roller in her book

the ones i remember is to give the rollers a quick shake to loose excess water that may cause frizzies later

do not put too much oils in your hair and ends since the steam will moisturize also

be quite quick after you have heated up the rollers or it cools quite quickly so try and roll it up within a few seconds!

also, be patient as it takes time and practice to master how to use them effectively!!

HTH!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

i have her book at home and will jot down her additional tips for u 2mrw. (thats if u dont have carolyns book yourself)

Tonya,
Shaking the rollers to rid it of water is important (do it with the hole facing downward) I forgot that one! I also let the rollers heat a long time 30+ seconds or more to intensify the heat and increase the curl.
As far as moisturizers are concerned that is your personal preference. Because the curls on me are not "hard" (ie like sitting under the dryer) they fall out over the course of the day and therefore I don't put any oil/moisturizer on my hair after I curl it. The oil would further diminish the curl. But experiment and find the right way to use it for u! I also spiral curl my hair with these rollers and they are great! I have the one with the 30 rollers.

Back