I JUST NEED TO VENT!!!!

Healthb4Length

This weekend after a long long wait and tons of NG, I finally decided to do my own texturizer. I followed all the proper steps, I followed Baglady's method (which was great btw!), I mixed some castor oil in my relaxer, I did a strand test (everything was ok then!), I relaxed in sections. So what what's the problem? The problem is that my relaxer barely "took" and now I have a underprocessed/textlaxed nightmare! My hair is whack right now! I'm so so upset! TO make matters worse, when I was detangling I lost so much hair! I mean handfuls and handfuls of hair!:mad: It was all tangled up! Even after I used my beloved ORS RP it was still tangled up!:( I feel so defeated...I know what to do to get my hair back on track but I feel that this is such a major setback...I really lost a lot of hair! Right now my hair is barely at Apl length...it should be bra-length! I want to cry...I will be going back to the C&G method once I get my hair to calm down, I'll be braiding up all summer, I'm done, lesson learned...never do my own texturizer again! Thanks for letting me vent.

I know how frustrated and upset you must be. I can't really offer you any advice since I'm sure you know more than I do but I just wanted to offer you support. Keep your head up!!

*hugs* :kiss: I 'm sorry ot hear this don't get discouraged, try some deep conditioning but keep your hair in 2-4 brad sections. You lost length? not just shedding like loss? Look on the bright side you may even like the texlaxed look, but just keep it simple now, no styling and lots of hair TLC

*Bre~Bre* said:
I know how frustrated and upset you must be. I can't really offer you any advice since I'm sure you know more than I do but I just wanted to offer you support. Keep your head up!!

Thanks for the encouraging words. But even though I've been on this board a long time, I never take for granted new ideas or techniques from oldies and newbies so if you have any suggestions keep them coming my way.;)

goldensensation said:
I'm sorry. :ohwell:

Why do you think it tangled so much? Did it happen during neutralization?

I feel that's when the problems started, during neutralization. I did exactly what the directions stated, I rinsed out the relaxer and then I put on the conditioner (I timed it too) then I rinsed with a neutralizing shampoo, my hair felt like straw:(. I washed with a regular moisturizing shampoo after and then I deep treated...I still had tangles!:mad: I want to do an Aphogee treatment like tomarrow but I know that I must wait at least 2 weeks.:ohwell:

Lucia said:
*hugs* :kiss: I 'm sorry ot hear this don't get discouraged, try some deep conditioning but keep your hair in 2-4 brad sections. You lost length? not just shedding like loss? Look on the bright side you may even like the texlaxed look, but just keep it simple now, no styling and lots of hair TLC

Yeah, I'll be deep treating real soon! It seemed like shedding but I feel that length was lost too because when I stretched my hair prior to relaxing it was at least APL, now it doesn't seem that way...maybe I'm just freaking out! I plan on going to a professional in a few weeks to get a "press" and see how it goes from there, I'll probably do some major cutting too...On the bright side I will finally see nice thick ends again after I trim some off.

Oh Alli i'm so sorry for your relaxer eperience, i'm only reading this thread now, You need to moisturise often and keep your hair in a non manipulative style, try keeping your ends in a baggie to retain moisture and limit dryness/breakage. Take it down once a week and start deep treatments, alternate between protein/moisturising cons. your hair seems to have lost a lot of moisture, try using porosity control conditioner and that should help. The msm will also help with the shedding too. Motions CPR con is excellent at reducing shedding issues. good luck

Alli77 said:
This weekend after a long long wait and tons of NG, I finally decided to do my own texturizer. I followed all the proper steps, I followed Baglady's method (which was great btw!), I mixed some castor oil in my relaxer, I did a strand test (everything was ok then!), I relaxed in sections. So what what's the problem? The problem is that my relaxer barely "took" and now I have a underprocessed/textlaxed nightmare! My hair is whack right now! I'm so so upset! TO make matters worse, when I was detangling I lost so much hair! I mean handfuls and handfuls of hair!:mad: It was all tangled up! Even after I used my beloved ORS RP it was still tangled up!:( I feel so defeated...I know what to do to get my hair back on track but I feel that this is such a major setback...I really lost a lot of hair! Right now my hair is barely at Apl length...it should be bra-length! I want to cry...I will be going back to the C&G method once I get my hair to calm down, I'll be braiding up all summer, I'm done, lesson learned...never do my own texturizer again! Thanks for letting me vent.

Sorry about your experience. The same thing happened to me this past weekendl. I tried to texurize my hair just didn't take, next day i put in braids (see avatar). I think my hair prefers being bone straight and from now on I am not doing my own relaxers.

Girl I know exactly how you feel. I also relaxed my hair recently and my hair came out underprocessed as well. I've been doing the baggie method and babying the mess out of it. Good luck.

den1 said:
Oh Alli i'm so sorry for your relaxer eperience, i'm only reading this thread now, You need to moisturise often and keep your hair in a non manipulative style, try keeping your ends in a baggie to retain moisture and limit dryness/breakage. Take it down once a week and start deep treatments, alternate between protein/moisturising cons. your hair seems to have lost a lot of moisture, try using porosity control conditioner and that should help. The msm will also help with the shedding too. Motions CPR con is excellent at reducing shedding issues. good luck

Thanks Den! I'm waiting on the MSM to come soon. I will be doing the baggie thing for a minute, right now my hair feels so dry still. I just went out and got some Porosity Control, some ORS RP and my staples Elasta-mango butter and recovery. It's on now! I am going to beat this dryness.

zoj2 said:
Sorry about your experience. The same thing happened to me this past weekendl. I tried to texurize my hair just didn't take, next day i put in braids (see avatar). I think my hair prefers being bone straight and from now on I am not doing my own relaxers.

Your braids are cute! I'm going to wait a few weeks before I go back to braids though, I'm experiencing a lot of shedding and dryness right now so I'll just baby my hair for a couple of weeks till it's better. I will just have to PAY some one to do my hair (chemicals) from now on, for me doing it myself is not worth the drama. We should keep each other updated on how our progress goes. Are you basically doing the C & G method? What do you use to strengthen and moisturize your braids?

nelli711 said:
Girl I know exactly how you feel. I also relaxed my hair recently and my hair came out underprocessed as well. I've been doing the baggie method and babying the mess out of it. Good luck.

Thanks Nelli! You and me both will be babying our hair back to health. I love the Baggie method, it always works!

Alli77 said:
Thanks Nelli! You and me both will be babying our hair back to health. I love the Baggie method, it always works!

The baggie method always works for me although I don't know how I am gonna feel keeping it like that for the whole summer:ohwell:

:eek: awwww, I hope things come around really soon. Den1 gave you some great advice. Did you consider going to get a corrective texturizer from your stylist? also have you ever tried Silicone Mix? I just love this conditioning treatment, it's the only thing that really helps my NG 100%.

BeautifulWideEyes said:
:eek: awwww, I hope things come around really soon. Den1 gave you some great advice. Did you consider going to get a corrective texturizer from your stylist? also have you ever tried Silicone Mix? I just love this conditioning treatment, it's the only thing that really helps my NG 100%.

Yeah Den's advice are on point! As always! I'm thinking about getting a corrective or just taking it all the way straight but I'll wait for a few weeks until my hair has calmed down. I've tried Silicone mix in the past and it didn't do a thing for me, but I do love Miss Key 10 en 1 plus! That stuff is the truth!

Back