~*I Just Had To Share*~

MrsJersey

I was out last night at a 'Girls Nite Out' thing in Philly and one of the booths that they had was for a Salon Selectives hair consultation. I figured what the hell, it would be funny to hear what this white lady thought of my hair :grin:. So I sit in the chair and she ask's me how do I maintain my hair and I told her my regimen of daily co-washes etc...So she begins telling me how I need a daily protein treatment (which would KILL my hair) and that I should be clarfying my hair everyday along with my cowashes :lachen:. It just amazed me how someone could take a 5 sec evaluation and then tell me what I need. She then proceeded to tell me that it looks like my hair was damaged from chemicals...(it was braids BTW) and that the daily protein would help. Not once did she even mention a deep conditioner. Needless to say, I took my free bottles of shampoo and cond to add to my pile of products under the sink and kept it moving:yawn:

Mmmmm, sounds like an interesting experiment. I would have done the same thing.

I wonder what she would have thought of my dual textured transitioning hair.

If she had looked at 49 weeks of Type 4 new growth with 8 inches of relaxed hair sprouting out of the thicket I wonder what she would have told me.

Probably CUT it OFF...:nono:

This is why so many are opting to do their own hair at home...because some salons dont cater to individual needs! rather just blabber on a few lines of what they studied at school 20 years ago about hair. If they tailor the consultations with an individuals needs based on hair type, daily needs and products to use then maybe I might give em a chance...These days the only time I even bother with the salon is for braid and the occassion straigthening otherwise i am just not wasting my time...:ohwell:

This is why so many are opting to do their own hair at home...because some salons dont cater to individual needs! rather just blabber on a few lines of what they studied at school 20 years ago about hair. If they tailor the consultations with an individuals needs based on hair type, daily needs and products to use then maybe I might give em a chance...These days the only time I even bother with the salon is for braid and the occassion straigthening otherwise i am just not wasting my time...:ohwell:

Completely agree with this.

Hoe could she tell if your hair was damaged if you were wearing braids?:perplexed Some people will say anything just to feel important.:rolleyes:

I was thinking about this yesterday on how I use to go to the shop and wonder why my hair was never, ever looking like the other customers' hair. I would get perms and curls and it would be okay looking. Until, just yesterday, I realized that she was doing the same crap to my 3C thin hair as she was doing to those sistas with that beautiful heavy 4b hair. Now I'm mad, thinking about it again, frying my po lil strands all those years.:wallbash:

I was out last night at a 'Girls Nite Out' thing in Philly and one of the booths that they had was for a Salon Selectives hair consultation. I figured what the hell, it would be funny to hear what this white lady thought of my hair :grin:. So I sit in the chair and she ask's me how do I maintain my hair and I told her my regimen of daily co-washes etc...So she begins telling me how I need a daily protein treatment (which would KILL my hair) and that I should be clarfying my hair everyday along with my cowashes :lachen:. It just amazed me how someone could take a 5 sec evaluation and then tell me what I need. She then proceeded to tell me that it looks like my hair was damaged from chemicals...(it was braids BTW) and that the daily protein would help. Not once did she even mention a deep conditioner. Needless to say, I took my free bottles of shampoo and cond to add to my pile of products under the sink and kept it moving:yawn:

Question.... how did her hair look?? :look:

Daily clarifying AND protein???? :nuts: Sooooo many women are gonna be bald in a few months because of that womans ignorance :nono:

Hoe could she tell if your hair was damaged if you were wearing braids?:perplexed Some people will say anything just to feel important.:rolleyes:

And why in the world would you need to clarify DAILY? If you are washing daily what would you be "clarifying" out? The daily protein treatment she insists you need??????????

Back