i just got my first relaxer and i'm clueless

constellation

i just got my first relaxer and i\'m clueless

ok, i need help. i'm scared to go to bed tonight, i don't want to mess up my $185 hair. i have no products, nothing. first off, how should i wear it to bed? and is there any way for me to wash it and get it back to salon straight? products? blah, i have no idea what to do now...

Re: i just got my first relaxer and i\'m clueless

/images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif
I'm mad at your stylist, not you...
How you wear it to bed depends on how you want it to look in the morning. If you want it straight and bouncy with a slight bend you need to wrap it. You can search this board for wrapping tips or check out:
http://www.geocities.com/Jocelyn156/

Her hair is waist length, but the technique is the same. If you have curls you may want to try pin curling them into position. Or gently piling them on top of your head. If you don't have a satin scarf or pillow case find something silky or satiny to cover your hair and keep it in place.
Keep reading the info on this board. You'll be at the beauty supply with your credit card in the morning! /images/graemlins/grin.gif
Welcome to lhc!

Hi constellation,

Welcome to the board! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Did you say you spent $185.00 at the salon?? Holy Cow!! What did you have done other than your first relaxer? That's a lot of money. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Anyway, unless you sleep sitting up, or with your head in your hands, your hair won't be exactly the way it was when you left the salon. You can do a wrap and hopefully keep some of the style. Trying to get salon results at home is very hard unless you know how to style hair. With lots of practice, you may be able to do it some day. But for me I never got the salon results again.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
unless you sleep sitting up, or with your head in your hands, your hair won't be exactly the way it was when you left the salon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I can't be the only one who has done this to preserve a style... /images/graemlins/grin.gif I used to sleep in my dad's Lazy Boy all propped up with pillows, etc. My neck was sore, but my hair looked good! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

How's the hair working out Constellation?

Sassygirl125, I've done it too. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Sassygirl125, it's good, so far. i've been kind of psuedo-wrapping it, and wearing a satin scarf to bed. i actually like it better now than i did right out of the salon. i'm very apprehensive about washing it though... i'm overwhelmed at the thought of roller sets (which appear to be the choice way of straightening after washing here), and products. i want to keep my hair healthy, so i'm trying to do this without heat from the beginning but it seems like there's so much to learn and i only have a week left of winter vacation before i have to go back to school. which is kind of complicated because it's a boarding school and i'm not particularly fond of the idea of doing my hair in the dormitory bathrooms. really, i'm worried mostly about my ends, when i used to straighten my natural hair with a flat iron, they were never smooth no matter what i tried.

pebbles, i have this fear of ghetto salons, so i sort of overcompensated and went to this incredibly expensive salon. they did a good cut, styling and shaping. my hair did turn out incredibly nice and all, but i doubt i'll be returning because of the price.

thanks so much for your help!

Constellation,

I totally agree about the ghetto salons. I don't do them anymore. I got sick of it. I wouldn't go back to that overpriced salon either. I'm sure that you can find another salon that will do your hair in a way that you will be happy with without them robbing you of your money. $185.00 is an outrageous price for a relaxer and styling. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I know I can't be the only one who has done this to preserve a style... I used to sleep in my dad's Lazy Boy all propped up with pillows, etc. My neck was sore, but my hair looked good!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang, I only thought the girl from Friday did something like that. I'm not gonna lie, I have thought about it though. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sassygirl thanks for the site info. that's great and the girl's hair is lovely!!!

Back