I just did something stupid!

*ElleB

Ok...So I flat ironed my hair about 2 or 3 days ago with my Maxi Glide. I was feeling the sleekness of it and all, saying to my self, "You really got it straight this time, EB..."

fast forward to today. I was moisturizing with Elasta QP Mango Butter and a thought popped in to my head. "Hmmm...what if I put a plastic cap over my head for an extra treatment a la deep conditioning?" So I go to the bathroom and get one. Put it on and leave it on for about, I'll say 45 minutes. Take it off and I feel my hair and roots :eek: :eek: :eek: PUFF CITY!! It was like I went out into the humidity outside!!! Now I'm mad and want to kick myself! I should have known not to do this on dry hair that I wanted to be straight!
And the thing is, the thought popped into my head after i read the back of the cantu grow strong and it says this...they need to put a warning on that thing!

Now I guess I'm going to have to wrap this hair up tight and hope it gets better....

Wow, sorry this happened to you.:ohwell: I used to wear a shower cap in my wave nouveau days to keep the hair moist. Now, I see that it can do the same to relaxed heads.

ooooh I would be so upset. That's the hard thing about straightening your hair. You have to be careful what products have water in them and to make sure you don't add moisture

That sounds like me when I starightened my hair and then put some gel around my edges and it made my hair poof up. So my hairline was poofy and especially when I went out in the rain.

Back