I just did a rollerset and it came out...

Natural_Girl

Fabulous!Fabulous!Fabulous!

It reminds me of when my hair was relaxed and I used to roller set my hair then.
Didn't think I would be able to get it to look this good with my natural hair!

Many thanks to LHCF tips - I think it was CaramelHonee who recommend combing up instead of down - thanks.

Thanks to Skegeesmb for the roller tips - I actually used a combination of the magnetic rollers (grey and black ones - need to upgrade to a larger size 'cause the hair is growin' so fast!!:O)) and the green ones with the snaps - they usually leave an imprint but not this time.

I used Aveda Elixir combined with LottaBody creme wrap - the BOMB - I think CaramelHonee recommended the LottaBody as well - thanks! One caution - you only need a dab of the creme wrap. Hopefully, by tomorrow am, my hair would have drank much of it up:O)
When I first took out the rollers, I thought "oh, no it didn't come out good at all".
Then I just used my fingers and the moment I touched it - it felt great - then my hair just maneuvered just the way I wanted it - GREAT!
And guess what - the only heat used was sitting under the dryer - no flat iron, no curling iron!
This is a definite to be added to my "feelin' sexy/femine" looks.
I can't stop grinnin'!

Thanks to everyone for your tips and inspirations!

Thanks!

I am SOOO excited! I feel like a kid in a candy store...hopefully in the am I'll still be grinning...time to put the scarf on and hit the pillow (thank God for satin pillowcases!)

Thanks again!

Way to go!
up.gif

Sorry - don't have photos to post online yet - working on putting my photos together for a progress album - hopefully be able to post in near future - gotta learn how to post them too:O)

I did but not to post online as yet...still trying to figure out the 'how to' and create a progress album at the same time.

by the way, this morning it came out flat but it still had curl and was soft to the touch...I was able to use my fingers and add some shape and voila - looking good again...this is defintely a winner for me

I'm glad it came out so well. Doesn't it feel good when u try something new and it actually comes out right!
BTW, i don't know who recommended that lottabody creme wrap (probably PrettyBrownEyes) but i'm gonna have to go shopping
laugh.gif
I like the ready to use lottabody, i've never seen the creme wrap. Is it light?

Back