I Have Tangles/please Help

goldensugar23

:eek:
when i'm ready to set my wet hair after washing i have bad tangles.I have purchased a few products to help me but nothing really works.They give me moisture they just dont untangle my hair.
I have used:elasta Qp fortify con,vo5 fruity con,ntm daily con,dominican rinses,motions for kids detangler.

I need something for when i wash out my deep conditioner and need to apply as a quick rinse or conditioner to comb out my very tangled hair...before i comb it out to wet set it! whoa a mouth full..lol
I could also use suggestions on good detanglers if u can..thanx in advance

help me :eek:

Last edited:
Hey Chica :wave:

Try using an inexpensive creme rinse, lather it on and use a jilebere (sp) shower comb or a seamless comb to work your way up from the bottom.

When you shampoo, make sure that you do NOT pull your hair up, on the crown...instead, lather by rubbing your hands gently, down the shaft of the hair, as if you were rubbing two sticks to make a fire (digging in my girl scout's book :) )

Did you try that Bed Head yet...because that helps me with my tangles too.

You may wanna try a setting lotion like Ultra Sheen or Lotta Body to detangle your hair this should work along with a wide tooth comb.

I've been battling knots and tangles lately. One thing I haven't done in a long while is rinsing with a cool ACV rinse. That used to really help. I'm going back to it. It didn't detangle as much as it helped to prevent tangles.

BTW, I did this primarily while I was transitioning and my (poorly) relaxed hair loved it. I haven't tried this since trimming the last of the relaxed ends off.

I've learned that my hair can be easily detangled while rinsing out conditioner under the shower with a wide-toothed seamless comb. The force of the water helps with the detangling. Then, while my hair is still dripping wet, I apply a good leave-in conditioner designed for detangling like Nexxus Headress or Biolage Leave-In Hair Tonic. My comb slips through easily with almost no hair strands in my comb.

Here are some tips:

1. I comb the relaxed hair (not the new growth) before I wet it. The Remington Tangle Tamer helps here.
2. I wash with my hair in 4-6 braids to that it doesn't move around so much.
3. Pantene makes a detangling spray to help with the comb out.
4. Daily Defense Tender Apple is the most detangling conditioner I've tried to date. Maximum slip for 99 cents.
5. I use a seamless bone comb when rollersetting my hair.

megonw said:
Here are some tips:

1. I comb the relaxed hair (not the new growth) before I wet it. The Remington Tangle Tamer helps here.
2. I wash with my hair in 4-6 braids to that it doesn't move around so much.
3. Pantene makes a detangling spray to help with the comb out.
4. Daily Defense Tender Apple is the most detangling conditioner I've tried to date. Maximum slip for 99 cents.
5. I use a seamless bone comb when rollersetting my hair.

Co-signing...:)

sereia said:
Do you do protein treatments? I noticed a tremendous difference after my aphogee treatment.
yes i actually did that protein treatmnt.i loved it!my hair was so strong,yet i had to really super condition it.

thanx ladies for all the ideas i will try the bed head webby,and the patene detangler.i never was a great fan of pantene products but their setting lotion was ok.

if that doesnt work i will use daily defense tender ,i heard it was good :)

Back