I have some short hairs here and there. I don't know if it's ......r/o

Kiadodie

I have some short hairs here and there. I don\'t know if it\'s ......r/o

breakage or new growth. Does it mean I need protein or moisture? I use Aphogee monthly and Emergencee here and there. TIA

Re: I have some short hairs here and there. I don\'t know if it\'s ......r/o

How to tell if it's breakage or growth:

Hairs that are new growth (never been cut) will taper to a point. A damaged hair will either be split or have a white dot, which is the beginning of the split. Also, try smoothing your finger down the surface of the hair, if it feels rough, bumpy, etc....it's most likely breakage and could be the early stages of a split. Other things to look for in damaged hairs are unnatural bends.

HTH

I am confused, How will new growth hair taper at the end, if the new growth is at the root? Also I guess that explains all my hexagon ends, cause I see the "white dot" at the end of my hair all the time! /images/graemlins/frown.gif My hair is in so many different lengths I guess it is hard to dust them all! Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks,

My explanation was in regards to the "short hairs" that were in question. Sometimes, you'll find hairs that are 2 inches long and wonder if it was breakage or just a new hair growing in. That is what I was trying to explain. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ETA: In regards to the white dots, don't try to hold on to them as they will not improve. That white dot lets you know that split is about to form, so it's best to dust it off.

OHHH!! I SEEE!!! I have some of those in the crown of my head!! Cool I am growing new hair!!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

It's cool because I noticed them too especially on my hairline when I started to massage that area more frequently...and the new hairs started sprouting up. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Back