I have my oils...NOW WHAT?

Okay so today I bought my Peppermint Oil, Grapeseed Oil and Aloe Vera gel from the Vitamin Shoppe..OMG the peppermint oil was EXPENSIVE!

(I have been reading alot about these oils and the Aloe Vera, so I wanted to try them.)

Also, I am waiting on my Mega-Tek to arrive, so it should be coming in the mail soon.

Now my ? is:
How do I mix these oils together? Do I mix the grapeseed and peppermint together, put it in an applicator bottle, place it on my scalp and then add the Aloe Vera gel?

Not really sure how to do these oils. I know some people say they dont put anything on their scalp....they add it to there hair and from there it should go straight to their scalp.

Well, you wouldn't want to put peppermint oil straight on your scalp. I used to use it in a pre-poo, either mixed with a carrier oil like olive oil or in conditioner. I would apply the mixture (along with eucalyptus and rosemary oil) to my scalp for about 30 minutes before shampooing. I did this to combat dandruff.

As far as the aloe vera, you can mix it with water and use it as a daily spritz to moisturize your hair.

The grapeseed oil can be used for sealing in moisture. HTH

How you use it depends on what you need it for. I add things to my regimen one solution at a time or for how it's properties would best serve me. Speaking of which, I just bought some grapeseed oil to cook with, lol.
Bumping and watching this thread...

Thank You so much. So even if I mix the peppermint oil in with the grapeseed oil, dont allow it to sit to long?

The longest I have ever used peppermint oil to pre-poo is one hour; however, some people pre-poo as long as overnight, so I can't see any harm to it. Some people even apply products with peppermint oil to their scalps daily.

My personal feeling is that essential oils are very powerful, so I use them sparingly.

Like another poster said, it would be helpful to know what your hair goals are and maybe some other posters will chime in.

Back