I Have My Henna... Now What???

NaturalJoy

Hello Ladies,

I orginally posted this in the "Do Yall Henna Thread" and only received one reply so I would figured I would try something else. I tried to skim the thread but it is SOO cumbersome so in the interest of time, I am hoping I can get some quick 411.

My hair is thick 4a/b natural and shoulder length. I REALLY want the conditioning and strengthening properties (of course) but wouldn't mind the color either (not main priority this time around).

I have 200 grams of body art henna, 100 grams of Cassia, 100 grams of alma poweder and some walnut husk powerder. I ordered from Henna for Hair and had no clue what I was doing, I just got w/e seemed good :ohwell:

Ok, I am ready to mix, now what? Oils, herbs, portions. Straight henna, mix w/ cassia, or alma powder? ARGH, I feel soo clueless :wallbash:somebody please help FAST!!

:feedback:

Ok, so I posted this last night and got no response. :cry: I have posted in the "Do Yall Henna" thread and I got 1 response (but it was not complete). :nono: Where are all the henna gurus and what's a girl got to do to get some love and information???

I am bumping here one more time, and I wil try to PM some ppl. I REALLY REALLY need some assistance. If I don't get any responses then I will have to figured something out on my own, and then I will be gone from here until after my finals :violin:

I hope to hear from some people soon :yep:

for conditioning only I mix 100 g., of henna with enough water to make a paste, my hair is a little below shoulder length, and thin,I have never added the alma to it, some people do, I then add whatever I want to conditon with, usually olive oil conditioner, 1 tablespoon of africas best oil, you want to end up with a good amount of mixture, like it was a relaxer, mix real good, section my hair as if ready to do a touchup, and then apply very generously to cover all , I believe the walnut powder will deposit color, alma is good for condtioning, I would apply it into the mix right before applying to my hair, if you let the mixture sit it will start to release color after a while, unlease you want color, apply right after you mix it up, sorry for the long post,:yawn: hope it helps

Ok, so I posted this last night and got no response. :cry: I have posted in the "Do Yall Henna" thread and I got 1 response (but it was not complete). :nono: Where are all the henna gurus and what's a girl got to do to get some love and information???

I am bumping here one more time, and I wil try to PM some ppl. I REALLY REALLY need some assistance. If I don't get any responses then I will have to figured something out on my own, and then I will be gone from here until after my finals :violin:

I hope to hear from some people soon :yep:

Awww! Me 2, I need help with Henna info. I don't know anything about Henna, my thread is dry too :sad:

Hopefully, someone will help you tho! :yep: :hug2:

i henna and indigo for color only. i don't add oils to my mixtures. i do the two step process for jet black hair. for the first step i use henna, grape juice, and water. for the second step I use indigo, a pinch of salt and water.

but whatever you do, cowash the henna out with VO5 (or any watery cheap conditioner). it makes a world of difference. it helps to remove all traces of henna and it elimantes the hard dry feeling.

if you have anymore henna questions and can't find the answers on this forum you can read the free ebook @ hennaforhair

http://www.hennaforhair.com/freebooks/

or try this thread from the long hair community

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?p=1009186

Back