I hate Whole Foods, with a passion....

JLove74

I wrote down my list, checked it twice. I estimated that I'd spend about $40. Next thing I know, I spend $97.42:wallbash:

I don't know about ya'll but I try my best to go in and out with only the things that are on my list. Whole Foods is like crack to PJs. You pick up, start reading labels and the next thing you know - the basket is full.

Doing this thread because I wanted to know if anyone has tried:
Alaffia Shea and Coconut hair lotion or shampoo

But really, I love Whole Foods:yep:

:nono: I call them Whole Paycheck...... it's the only way to have the right mindset about going shopping in there! :lol:

So very true. I have some Earthly Delights Shampoo and Conditioner that I bought from there. Whoo...man. Whole paycheck is SO ACCURATE! :lachen:

The great thing about Whole Foods is that if you dont like it, you can bring it back, no questions asked :yep: I take advantage of that policy all the time....it makes me less hesitant to try things like foods that have ingredients like spirinula....

But Whole Foods is definitely pricey...I go in and spend double my intention all the time...and walk out with half a basket of food :rolleyes:

The great thing about Whole Foods is that if you dont like it, you can bring it back, no questions asked :yep: I take advantage of that policy all the time..

I exchanged some vitamins last week:yep:...All went quickly and smoothly...

I went in to purchased foodles for my cleanse, some beans, soup base, and few tomatoes...

That'll be 182.00, please....:blush:(guess I had a few extra items..) lawd...:grin:

Per the shampoo, lotion...I'm tempted to try those too... I've been using their soaps, shea butter concoctions for years now...

Last edited:
JLove, I understand completely!

I go in for ONE THING, and leave with about 100 dollars worth of stuff...I'm like, wait, what just happened here?! :lachen:

It's like I blacked out and had some sort of "shopping seizure"!

BTW, that shampoo sounds pretty good...but I'm not going back to the store.

:look:

Alright, I'll go tomorrow.

:lachen::lachen:

Sorry, I ain't mean to hijack your thread with the second post! :lol: No, I've never tried it/heard of it....

What's the ingredients??? :look:

*opens website*

*starts drooling*

*runs like hell*

:lachen: Girl, I just had three boxes show up at my door today, DH would have a small cow if I ordered anything else..... for at least a couple of weeks..... :sekret: Of course, if I get it shipped to wooorrrrrkkkkkk....... :grin:

*opens website*

*starts drooling*

*runs like hell*

:lachen: Girl, I just had three boxes show up at my door today, DH would have a small cow if I ordered anything else..... for at least a couple of weeks..... :sekret: Of course, if I get it shipped to wooorrrrrkkkkkk....... :grin:

**enticing words **

it's made for naturally curly or locs, it's a sustainable product (we helping folks, help themselves by purchasing their products), it smell so gooooooodd

***marketing rant done***

cosigning on that whole paycheck....ugh the other day I went in with a list and somehow still managed to spend $85 easy! I was like dang man....um what did I buy again? It's hard though because they have so much good food let alone beauty supplies....EO's, oils, you name it. I can find anything up in there even this far off grain I was looking for :drunk:. But you gotta pay...man oh man how you gotta pay :nono:

Here are the ingredients:
Shea & Virgin Coconut Shampoo:
Herbal infusion of Rooibos Tea (Aspalathus linearis), African Black Soap (Saponified Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) and Virgin Palm Kernel Oil (Elaeis guineensis)), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Vegetable Glycerin, Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Panthenol (pro-Vitamin B5), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Essential Oils of Sweet Orange and Rose Geranium.

Hair Lotion (leave-in conditioner)
Herbal infusion of Rooibos (Aspalathus linearis),Vegetable Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol and Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Panthenol (pro-Vitamin B5), Emulsifying Wax NF, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Potassium Sorbate, Essential Oils of Sweet Orange and Rose Geranium, Citric Acid

I cringe when I think of all the money I've given to Whole Foods. I'll buy what I think are just a "few items" that won't cost more than fifteen dollars, and I'll wind up spending twice that much on conditioner, oils, and soaps alone! I love their products, though :yep:.

The great thing about Whole Foods is that if you dont like it, you can bring it back, no questions asked :yep: I take advantage of that policy all the time....it makes me less hesitant to try things like foods that have ingredients like spirinula....

But Whole Foods is definitely pricey...I go in and spend double my intention all the time...and walk out with half a basket of food :rolleyes:

I didn't know this. Thanks for sharing.

I love my whole foods store because it has a separate store across the street with the whole body department housed in it. I can go in get my food and avoid all of the beauty products. If only I could stay away from all of those gourmet oils and vinegars....I would be cool.

When I want something from Whole Foods, I send my husband. It saves us a lot of money that way. I cannot be trusted in that store. :nono: $$$$$$$$$$$$

There's no whole foods store near me, nor trader joes. I feel left out.:sad: Ellwood Thompson's (A local health food grocery store) fills the void a little.

I wrote down my list, checked it twice. I estimated that I'd spend about $40. Next thing I know, I spend $97.42:wallbash:

Doing this thread because I wanted to know if anyone has tried:
Alaffia Shea and Coconut hair lotion or shampoo

But really, I love Whole Foods:yep:

Oh wow....I thought it was just me.:perplexed Someone recommended Alaffia products to me and said they were great, especially the conditioners. I haven't tried them yet though.

Herbal infusion of Rooibos Tea (Aspalathus linearis), African Black Soap (Saponified Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) and Virgin Palm Kernel Oil (Elaeis guineensis)), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Vegetable Glycerin, Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Panthenol (pro-Vitamin B5), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Essential Oils of Sweet Orange and Rose Geranium.

Herbal infusion of Rooibos (Aspalathus linearis),Vegetable Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol and Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Panthenol (pro-Vitamin B5), Emulsifying Wax NF, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Potassium Sorbate, Essential Oils of Sweet Orange and Rose Geranium, Citric Acid

that sounds sooo good

I am SO mad at you...why you gotta go and post this?! :lick:
Ugh, I'll be at Whole Foods when it opens in the morning. JLove, I'll git cha for this! :lachen:

Just went to Whole Foods today but only spent $19.:yep: I bought AO GPB conditioner, trial size Jason's Thin to Thick shampoo and conditioner, and 3 soaps.

I am looking for a sulfate free shampoo for my daughter. I may try this next pay period.

I wanted to buy some lotion but thought better of it. Next trip.:drunk:

Back