:::I HATE this:::

AnjelLuvs

Blow drying my hair it always comes out stiff and doesnt hold a curl. I am 4A/4B. I dont know what to do. My rollersets come out good BUT when I am in a rush and dont wanna do the whole process of rollersetting, blowdrying it str8 seems the best solution, BUT it never never ever fails that it will come out this way.

angel, you and I have almost the same hair. It's pretty much the same length and texture. I was looking at your photos and I love your braidout. I haven't tried it yet for myself but I will.

I know what you mean by blowdrying. I rarely blow dry my hair for that reason. I usually airdry and then use a curling iron. It takes a good two hours for my hair to airdry. I never rollerset my hair because I don't have the patience for that. I try not to use heat too much. Only once a week. You should be able to curl your hair after you blowdry. It's just a matter of getting the curls to stay. That's the hardest past for me sometimes. What kind of products are you using as a heat protectant? I like John Frieda's relax moisture rememdy. it's like a thick pomade. It just keeps your hair from drying out and it's not too watery. The main thing to remember is not to have too much moisture on your hair when using heat. Stick with oil based products like hot six oil, Elasta QP Recovery or a vaseline type product like Dudley's creme press.

Angel, I'm a 4a and I NEVER blowdry my hair for the same reason....
ohwell.gif

Sometimes if my hair is stiff from blowdrying it will soften up if I put it in 4 or 5 large braids for about 30minutes then take it down and proceed with styling.

Back