I HATE MY Hair!!!

MzShay

:sad::wallbash:Well maybe not hate but I'm so not loving my hair right now....I am so frustrated with my hair I don't know what to do. I relaxed last week and underprocessed it so I have spots that have so much texture its crazy and then some bone straight spots which as caused me to break out the flat irons...Now my hair looks so limp and lifeless its driving me crazy, not to mention its breaking like mad. HELP!!!

Don't have the baby....you have to love it! Have you tried rollersetting? Or using Caruso curlers on it? Satin sponge rollers give nice bounce to any hair!!! Just have to work with it!!!:yep:

I tried a rollerset once in the past and that was a hot, I mean HOT mess...It turned into one big poof...Satin sponge rollers? Now I've got to go to Sallys and check these out...

If it's breaking like crazy, consider a protein treatment followed by a deep conditioner to moisturize. I'd say rock some braidouts to conceal the difference in texture. If you'd like to gamble on a corrective, wait a while. But since you are only underprocessed in certain areas, not sure if you'd like to take that chance. We all have setbacks, but you can bounce back quickly. Now step away from the flatirons.

If it's breaking like crazy, consider a protein treatment followed by a deep conditioner to moisturize. I'd say rock some braidouts to conceal the difference in texture. If you'd like to gamble on a corrective, wait a while. But since you are only underprocessed in certain areas, not sure if you'd like to take that chance. We all have setbacks, but you can bounce back quickly. Now step away from the flatirons.

ITA! It's cute and allows you to pamper your hair back to health (low heat and low manipulation). Actually almost any protective style will be perfect for you, so many women on this board sport pretty braidouts, twistouts, and buns, which is also my usual preference toward hair health.:yep:

Not sure what to say about the underprocessing part except I am so sorry to hear that. I gave up on relaxers and intend to never go back but about the shedding, try the Alter Ego garlic treatment. It amazing with the shedding. It just stops, at least that has been my experience. I was introduced to it when I first started going to the dominican salon when I was relaxing my hair. Since I have been transitioning I have went back to it and the shedding and breakage is non existent. I use it once a week after shampooing and leave it in with a shower cap and towel on top of that for about 20-30 min and then rinse with lukewarm water. Good luck.

Oh and I forgot to mention to use a leave in conditioner I use KUZ Straightening Creme for unruly hair after the alter ego treatment (both of which were suggested to me from the dominican salon owner and they are GREAT on my hair) and those protective styles are the best thing until you get back on track. Right now I rock bantu knots air dried, pulled out and separated. I do this once a week...low manipulation and a cute style that allows me to leave my hair alone!! That can be hard but the key is to allow your hair to heal. If you need help with hairstyle how-to's try http://www.motowngirl.com .

Thanks you all!!! I will be off to stalk some fotki's for some braidouts now...and any suggestions on a good protein conditioner? Not sure if I'm ready for Aphogee just yet.

Cdatgirlny, where can I get Alter Ego?

Sorry to hear about your hair being underprocessed I know how you feel, everything will be ok it will get better. The best thing to do right now is wear protective styles or low maintanance styles. You may need to add protein and moisture balance to get your hair back on track. If you think Aphogee is too strong you may want to try a mild protein instead. HHG...

I agree. Have you checked out the sticky's on breakage. They are in the sticky's thread which is at the tops of the page.

I understand how you feel. I was so frustrated with my hair last night I felt like crying. Don't worry you'll get the breakage under control.

Back