I hate Aveda.............

JLove74

ya'll know I'm just kidding:lol:

I'm just walking by Aveda minding my own business. I see hang straight standing tall on the display in the window. Start reading the ingredients (I was a little shocked when I saw that Marshmellow root was an ingredient, I didn't want my hair to feel sticky :lol: ) and remember that a few of the ladies had good results, so I figured I'd give it a try.:) I take it home with me. Poo and condish with Smooth Infusion, applied hang straight and avocado butter.

After blowdrying, my hair was really straight at the roots and quite managable. I flat ironed this morning, applied some Anti-Humectant and with all the humidity, not a puffy root in sight. I was so hoping this stuff wasn't going to work, but Aveda hasn't failed me yet

Hang straight is here is stay:) ................................. I'm sorry PJs:mad:
http://aveda.com/templates/products2/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY10538&PRODUCT_ID=PROD5835

brutale_020.gif
:wasntme:

Congrats on your results and I'm sorry you liked it:lachen: I know I was hoping I didnt like this product either but I LOVE it!!! The prices suck but the outcome is so worth it. Smooth infusion is next on my list. I want to use it for my next stretch. How did the shampoo feel? Did it give you slip??? Was the conditioner moisturizing???? I really dont want to know because I'm tempted to go buy some stuff this weekend...:lol:

Y'all broads are the worst! Why you keep suggesting stuff!!!!? Dang, I am already about to be in the hole for the liter size of the DR... shoot I gotta go by Aveda!

:eek: Why did you posts this!!??

I am look for a new product for straightening. My serums just aren't working for some reason. The ones that get my hair straight end up making my hair feel weighed down and sticky, the others don't straighten at all!

I do have some products I need to return to Aveda though. :sekret:

Edited to add:
I think I am going to have to pay a visit to my local Aveda tonight!

Last edited:
I love me some pomade anti-Humectant. I have to hide that from my dh likes to put in his head. We are married but this off limit not sharing.

blackmaven said:
I love me some pomade anti-Humectant. I have to hide that from my dh likes to put in his head. We are married but this off limit not sharing.

Girl, that's marital property. You betta let that man have some:lol:

blackmaven said:

This is so funny - community property does not extend to the really good hair products.

bablou00 said:
Congrats on your results and I'm sorry you liked it:lachen: I know I was hoping I didnt like this product either but I LOVE it!!! The prices suck but the outcome is so worth it. Smooth infusion is next on my list. I want to use it for my next stretch. How did the shampoo feel? Did it give you slip??? Was the conditioner moisturizing???? I really dont want to know because I'm tempted to go buy some stuff this weekend...:lol:

The poo and condish are very moisturizing and a little goes a long way.

SleekandBouncy said:
Yay! :)
Do you know if the hang straight will work even if I don't blowdry? I rollerset.

I think so, I'll have an answer for you on that one next week, when I get a rollerset or maybe another lady that has used it with a rollerset will chime in.

JLove, does it have a creamy texture?

I am going to try it to airdry and flatiron.

I wonder if I should use my creamy leave in first, or use the Hang Straight as the leave in or over a light liquid leave-in.

This is going to be fun!

Serenity_Peace said:
I use hang straight for my rollersets. It's great!! ;)

Oh fine.. do tell.

what's the consistency of this product?
does it give shine or do you need a serum?
you use this after leaveins (which ones) or is it enough by itself?

TIA

MsDee4 said:
Oh fine.. do tell.

TIA

I only used the Hang Straight so I could get the full affect of the product and some avocado butter. It's creamy, but not watery. Not shiny like most serums. You may need some serum, but I think depending on how you blow dry or flat iron shine may come from that.

MsDee4 said:
Oh fine.. do tell.

TIA

It's creamy but water-based as well to give slip. I use to rollerset, but apply the brilliant serum or finishing gloss afterwards for shine. I'm thinking about using both hang straight and alma oil during my rollersets to see if that makes a difference as well. I really like it. :thumbsup:

ETA: I add a leave-in first, then use the hang straight during my rollersets for slippage. Try it. I think you'll like it, and like the other Aveda products, a little goes a long way. ;)

Serenity_Peace said:
It's creamy but water-based as well to give slip. I use to rollerset, but apply the brilliant serum or finishing gloss afterwards for shine. I'm thinking about using both hang straight and alma oil during my rollersets to see if that makes a difference as well. I really like it. :thumbsup:

ETA: I add a leave-in first, then use the hang straight during my rollersets for slippage. Try it. I think you'll like it, and like the other Aveda products, a little goes a long way. ;)

SP, is your leave in a creamy or liquid one. (sorry for the questions ladies!)

Ahh my auntie just purchased this today she LOVES aveda she's being using it for years she swears theres no product like hang straight...

I soooooooooooo feel like I'm falling into the hype since buying the USC which I haven't used since 2 days after I bought it... now I'm thinking about getting this Hang Straight for rollersets.. sigh...

Serenity_Peace said:

:covereyesThanks SP!

Back