I had to tell somebody

Filmatic

So since I've been on my hair grow journey I've been telling my mom what I was doing. She just brushed it off. I'd be all excited about a conditioner( like I was yesterday) and she'd say "Uh huh." She's in MS and I'm in MN by the way. Before I moved to Mn in '05 I cut my hair to chin length. My mom saw a little growth when I went home this January, but I sent her some pictures yesterday of my hair since I started cowashing daily. This woman was in shock. Of course she asked was it a weave. I am the weave Queen. My other family hasn't seen my real hair since I was 17 at my high school graduation. Anyhoo, my mom goes and prints the pics out and says she's showing them to everybody. They have to see this. I said wait to I get to WSL. Can't tell me nothing.

I thought y'all would understand.

That's wonderful. Now when you mention a new conditioner she probably say "which one"?:lachen: Good for you, HHG!

wow, that's a really nice amount of growth!

so...

want to share your regimen with us? pretty please? :D

FANTASTIC!! Which conditioner do you use for your condition washes!!

Welcome and congratulations!! :congrats::blowkiss:

I'll answer my conditioners and regime in one swoop.

I am an everyday/every other day cowasher. I use to have bad scalp problems and I learned it was because I wasn't washing enough. Now I know the longest I can go is 3 days. I shampoo with castille soap mixed with olive oil and castor oil once a week maybe every 2 depending on how my scalp feels.

I'm a PJ, but I have my staples that I like. I use Loreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss and Hydra Gloss. I also use v05 Tea Tree Therapy, Silk and Champagne(if I can find it) and Avalon Organics. I DC 1x a week with Pantene R & N mask.

My leave is Suave Extreme ( cheap but it's the only thing I've found to work on my hair) and spray daily with glycerin and water. I tried Aloe Vera gel, but my hair liked plain water and glycerin better. Go figure.

What a nice story! I was just talking to my mom, trying to ask her what my natural hair texture is like (since all I remember is that hot pressing comb in my thick head of hair) and she kinda shrugged me off, too. She wasn't mean, she was just like, what difference does it make? :ohwell: It will take a couple of years, but I hope to have a story like this to tell. :rolleyes:

I'll answer my conditioners and regime in one swoop.

I am an everyday/every other day cowasher. I use to have bad scalp problems and I learned it was because I wasn't washing enough. Now I know the longest I can go is 3 days. I shampoo with castille soap mixed with olive oil and castor oil once a week maybe every 2 depending on how my scalp feels.

I'm a PJ, but I have my staples that I like. I use Loreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss and Hydra Gloss. I also use v05 Tea Tree Therapy, Silk and Champagne(if I can find it) and Avalon Organics. I DC 1x a week with Pantene R & N mask.

My leave is Suave Extreme ( cheap but it's the only thing I've found to work on my hair) and spray daily with glycerin and water. I tried Aloe Vera gel, but my hair liked plain water and glycerin better. Go figure.

Your hair is relaxed, right? With the frequent washing, how do you style it daily? Thanks...

Yep. I have been using a wig/ 1/2 wig or bun. I wanted to go short for the summer, bc it's too dang hot. Under it I just braid or twist it up.

Back