I Got My RETOUCH!!!

Chichi

I had my first relaxer retouch done after joining this board four months ago! I gained 3.5 to 4 inches!!! I couldn't believe it
shocked.gif
. In fact, my stylist charged me extra for a "new relaxer" because of all of the growth that I had
ohwell.gif

My newly retouched hair came in healthy and strong and I have all of the ladies at LHCF to thank
notworthy.gif
. Thank you one and all!!!
smile.gif
My hair has never grown in so quickly nor healthy like this before. It reminds me of the hair that I had as a child... Now, I can really see a difference between the healthy new hair and the older overprocessed hair (ends)
ohwell.gif

I came away from this very positive experience with two thoughts
think.gif
:

1)I have to schedule my retouches sooner. I will go every three months instead of every four.

2)I will gradually trim off the old hair and transition into only my thick healthy hair (not all at once but gradually; so I will have to revise my goals).

Thanks again ladies!!!
trampoline.gif
trampoline.gif
trampoline.gif

Chichi
bdance.gif

Hi ThursdayGirl
wave.gif

Thanks!

My regimen for the past four months was:

-wash 2x a week (1x with shampoo Elucence or Keracare, 1x rinse with VO5 Pina Colada or other conditioner that I have)
-rollerset after shampoo
-braidout after conditioner rinse

I didn't really do hot oil treatments nor deep conditioners back then but plan to more this go round
smile.gif

I also did two henna treatments.

I dusted my ends once in that four month period.

Not a very remarkable regimen, I know. Three things that I think are of note are:

-I take Bargello type vitamins. I started taking a Biotin from Puritan Pride (Futurebiotics?) and didn't really notice anything. When that ran out, I started taking Freeda biotin and noticed a difference. here's the info for Freeda viatmins - Freeda - Biotin 2.5 mg (2500 mcg) 100 TAB from www.koshervitamin.com. I take 5mg daily.

-For the last month and a half, I just did braidouts with no heat nor manipulation of my hair.

-I stopped wrapping my hair.

I am still learning a lot from this board so the above may change...

Chichi
bdance.gif

Same here!! I just got my first retouch after joining this board! I had mine done on Thursday! I had at least 2 1/2 inches of new growth!! Thanks to all of the wonderful ladies here on this board! Girl, I know how you're feeling!! My hair and scalp also felt different this time. My hair was very soft, and my scalp wasn't sore!! This is a first ever!!!!!!!!! I was also able to hold onto the hair I had buy not using heat and learning how to balance protein with moisturizing! My hair is now about 1 inch past my collarbone!! I need to work on the nape area though and getting it back thick like it use to be! Congratulations to you!!

Hi hairlove
wave.gif

Thanks!

I lost 1/4 inch of hair. But I tell you, only after I got the retouch did I notice the vast difference between my newly retouched hair and the older ends
ohwell.gif
. So my plan is to continue trimming gradually until all that older hair is gone. So in a sense, I will be "transitioning" too... to healthier hair
smile.gif

Chichi
bdance.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Same here!! I just got my first retouch after joining this board! I had mine done on Thursday! I had at least 2 1/2 inches of new growth!! Thanks to all of the wonderful ladies here on this board! Girl, I know how you're feeling!! My hair and scalp also felt different this time. My hair was very soft, and my scalp wasn't sore!! This is a first ever!!!!!!!!! I was also able to hold onto the hair I had buy not using heat and learning how to balance protein with moisturizing! My hair is now about 1 inch past my collarbone!! I need to work on the nape area though and getting it back thick like it use to be! Congratulations to you!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Marla
wave.gif

I hear you! I always used to burn but this time, I didn't feel a thing. Felt like I just went in for a wash and set instead of a chemical. Congratulations and happy hair growing to you too!

Chichi
bdance.gif

Back