I got a Full Sew-In Hair Weave...

PinkSkates

Okay ladies this is part of my plan to get my natural hair to waist length by February 2009. I'm gonna treat this hair like my real hair; and use an applicator bottle to get a little Coconut oil to my scalp.
I shampooed, DC'd, and pressed my hair. Then my braider cornrow'd my hair into a beautiful zigzag pattern. I purchased Indian hair. I sewed the hair in myself. And then I went to Supercuts and had it layered. It was hard seeing all that money hit the floor...but oh well it needed thinning out. So here is my real hair right before getting in braided; and the following 2 pictures are of my hair weave. I feel a little insecure wearing fake hair:o, so words of encouragement are appreciated.

morephonepics080-1.jpg

And here is my Indian hair weave:
morephonepics101-1.jpg

morephonepics096-1.jpg

morephonepics112-1.jpg

Last edited:
Ladies thank you sooooooooooooo much!:yep:

Originally posted by Bosslady1
How long are you planning to keep it in?

For 6 weeks, then take it out, shampoo, DC, re braid and re-weave. I'm gonna do this schedule until the end of February.

Pink remember in addition to your coconut oil put a little water based moisturizer each day on the braids. It works great! You look cute!

Its very cute don't feel insecure. Your natural hair is just as long and banging. Indian hair ooooh. Do tell, if you don't mind. How many ounces did you buy, where did you buy the hair, and how much did it cost? Cuz that is a sexy look!

take comfort in knowing that 1. you have beautiful natural hair 2. it looks really nice and 3. you are giving your hair a rest i am the same way try on a million wig and do not feel comfortable in any even though i like tgen on other people will get invisable braids next month though.

If it makes you feel any less insecure, I thought your hair in the first pic was the weave! I was like, "Wow, where did she get that hair, it looks amazing!"

Thank you: The Dreamer, Camilla, CandyCane, luv the pretty "freakum" dress on you!, Tarae, Glamazon386, Nyaa33, Moniinthemiddle.
Originally posted by bermudabeauty
Its very cute don't feel insecure. Your natural hair is just as long and banging. Indian hair ooooh. Do tell, if you don't mind. How many ounces did you buy, where did you buy the hair, and how much did it cost? Cuz that is a sexy look!
Thank U BB. I'm in southern cal, in the LA suburbs. And I went to "OK Beauty Supply". Their hair brand is "Capelli". I bought 2 packs @ $205.00 per pack.
Originally posted by Manushka
Insecure about what??? Your hair looks really good! It's yours now.....lol!!!!
Awww thank U Manushka, I like the way you think!:lachen:
Originally posted by Prettyeyes
Pink remember in addition to your coconut oil put a little water based moisturizer each day on the braids. It works great! You look cute!

Thank U PE! You're so right about the moisture...will do.

Thank you: The Dreamer, Camilla, CandyCane, luv the pretty "freakum" dress on you!, Tarae, Glamazon386, Nyaa33, Moniinthemiddle.

Thank U BB. I'm in southern cal, in the LA suburbs. And I went to "OK Beauty Supply". Their hair brand is "Capelli". I bought 2 packs @ $205.00 per pack.

Awww thank U Manushka, I like the way you think!:lachen:

Thank U PE! You're so right about the moisture...will do.

I have this same BSS near me if it is the same one in Signal Hill Willow & Cherry they have every kind of hair one can imagine there. Simply beautiful Pinkskates, It looks so natural it suits you real well.

It really does look great! You have no reason to feel insecure especially since you have that beautiful head of hair under the weave.

The hair and style looks GREAT on you. Looks so natural.

Where did you purchase the hair from? (never mind - - didn't read the previous). Too busy checking out your hair. :)

Last edited:
This looks very cute! And because it is a length similar to your own hair, most people will think it's a new curly style...nice!

girl, look at it this way, it will only be in for a short period of time. and you have a lot of hair underneath. The weave does look good, however, I understand what you mean about the insecurities of wearing the weave (cuz i get like that as well, and my hair ain't even half as long as yours). But again it does look great and you look nice with it. As much as i don't care for it, I will be wearing mine as well until i get to the length that i'm looking for. So as for words of encouragement, you look very pretty.

Back