I found the answer to my airdrying problems!!

Ebonygurl00

Ever since I cut my hair, I've been having problems airdrying my hair. It stays moisturized like always, but it gets HUGE!!! My hair is super-thick, so when I would airdry my hair down, it would look like an afro. Well, today I cowashed my hair, and put it into a very loose bun. My hair hardly fits into a bun, so it was a lot of work. I just came home and took my hair down, and my hair was PERFECT!!:eek: It doesn't have any dents, and it has tons of body. The back even has body, too, which was a problem for me before today. It could be the Devacurl products that I used, too (I'll review them later). When my hair was longer, airdrying in a ponytail would make it have tons of ponytail holder marks, and it wouldn't have any body. I'm so glad I cut my hair now!

Thanks, determined! I keep finding so many things that work for me.

OT: Are you still transitioning? I haven't been that active on the board the past few days, so I'm still catching up.

:wave:Hey Ebonygurl. I noticed you haven't been that active on the boards hpoe everything is okay . Yes I'm still transitioning well I'm trying to make it until Feb. 2007. Since I'm a member of the Dirty challenge- it's getting easier I haven't washed my hair since Friday :eek:. Can you believe it- I use to wash everyday?

YOU have to give me more tips and post pictures on airdrying b/c my hair looks terrible using this/or any method- and I read EVERY airdrying thread and tried every method!

Ebonygurl00 said:
Thanks, determined! I keep finding so many things that work for me.

OT: Are you still transitioning? I haven't been that active on the board the past few days, so I'm still catching up.

Determined, like you I used to have problems airdrying, So what I've discovered is from Weeks 1-4 my roots are the straightest so airdrying in a loose pony in the back with a magnetic roller it dries pretty straight. I put on a tight scarf and it looks like a blow dried it. But from weeks 5/6 or more if I airdry, my roots would dry hard and tightly coiled and forget about flat-ironing/combing it if I want hair on my head:eek: , I'd be forced to phony pony with a baggie until my next wash, which isn't too bad anyway:ohwell: . But I've now found my saving grace and that's Sylver 2's blowdry method. Amazing.!!!!...:grin: ..I use the leave-ins she suggested and blow dry on med heat with a little oil and let me tell you I can now stretch if I want to, roots are straighter than if I airdried, it's soft, "THICK" an healthy looking and the best part is not much hair is on the bathroom floor, ...... It's now a part of my regimen, if I'm going out and have to have straight hair. I get tired of the phony pony or bun sometimes and this gives me a break without causing the damage.

determined_to_grow said:
:wave:Hey Ebonygurl. I noticed you haven't been that active on the boards hpoe everything is okay . Yes I'm still transitioning well I'm trying to make it until Feb. 2007. Since I'm a member of the Dirty challenge- it's getting easier I haven't washed my hair since Friday :eek:. Can you believe it- I use to wash everyday?

YOU have to give me more tips and post pictures on airdrying b/c my hair looks terrible using this/or any method- and I read EVERY airdrying thread and tried every method!

Hey! Yeah, everything is going crazy for me right now! I just found out a few nights ago that my plans to move to England have been bumped up for Fall 2007 instead of late 2008.:perplexed I have to research stuff, so I can't read the board like I used to.:( Thanks for being concerned!:D

Wow, you extended your washing?! HOW?!!?!? I tried my hardest, but my hair got accustomed to daily washing. Wow, I need tips on how you do it. Do you apply more moisturizer everyday?

I'll definitely give you more tips! I'm going to try the same airdrying technique when I wash my hair today, and if it turns out the same, I'll take pics. Good luck on the Dirty Challenge! I'm gonna read more on it later on.

longmanediva said:
Determined, like you I used to have problems airdrying, So what I've discovered is from Weeks 1-4 my roots are the straightest so airdrying in a loose pony in the back with a magnetic roller it dries pretty straight. I put on a tight scarf and it looks like a blow dried it. But from weeks 5/6 or more if I airdry, my roots would dry hard and tightly coiled and forget about flat-ironing/combing it if I want hair on my head:eek: , I'd be forced to phony pony with a baggie until my next wash, which isn't too bad anyway:ohwell: . But I've now found my saving grace and that's Sylver 2's blowdry method. Amazing.!!!!...:grin: ..I use the leave-ins she suggested and blow dry on med heat with a little oil and let me tell you I can now stretch if I want to, roots are straighter than if I airdried, it's soft, "THICK" an healthy looking and the best part is not much hair is on the bathroom floor, ...... It's now a part of my regimen, if I'm going out and have to have straight hair. I get tired of the phony pony or bun sometimes and this gives me a break without causing the damage.

Wow, that sounds great! If I used heat, I'd definitely try this. So many people can benefit from this, thanks!!:D

Thanks for the info longmanediva I'm going to try airdrying next wash w/ a magnetic roller (although I'll probably be close to 11 weeks post).

Some Quick questions: when you dry your hair in the pony tail how does the center of your hair look? I ask because whenever I dry in a ponytail the center of my hair looks like a puff ball. How often do you use Sylver2's blow drying method?

longmanediva said:

I extended my washes by hiding my conditioner and shampoo, I simply removed them from the bathroom. Also, before I take my shower I put on my head tie, bonnet, and shower cap so I'm not tempted to even "wet" my scalp.
Last Friday I blew out the roots and my hair looks better than it does when I wash it- the roots are straight the only problem I have now is my greasy ends:D (baggying every night) and I just tuck them under in my ponytail. In terms of moisture, I do it every day and I do a lot of it, it's really cold here so my hair absorbs it all like a bounty napkin.

Good luck on your move to England!!!!!!

Ebonygurl00 said:
Hey! Yeah, everything is going crazy for me right now! I just found out a few nights ago that my plans to move to England have been bumped up for Fall 2007 instead of late 2008.:perplexed I have to research stuff, so I can't read the board like I used to.:( Thanks for being concerned!:D

Wow, you extended your washing?! HOW?!!?!? I tried my hardest, but my hair got accustomed to daily washing. Wow, I need tips on how you do it. Do you apply more moisturizer everyday?

I'll definitely give you more tips! I'm going to try the same airdrying technique when I wash my hair today, and if it turns out the same, I'll take pics. Good luck on the Dirty Challenge! I'm gonna read more on it later on.

Ebonygurl,

Could you please discribe this bun that you air dried your hair in? Is a twist around bun, sock bun or something else.

I'm glad you found something that works for you.

Thanks,

Pink-O

determined_to_grow said:
I extended my washes by hiding my conditioner and shampoo, I simply removed them from the bathroom. Also, before I take my shower I put on my head tie, bonnet, and shower cap so I'm not tempted to even "wet" my scalp.
Last Friday I blew out the roots and my hair looks better than it does when I wash it- the roots are straight the only problem I have now is my greasy ends:D (baggying every night) and I just tuck them under in my ponytail. In terms of moisture, I do it every day and I do a lot of it, it's really cold here so my hair absorbs it all like a bounty napkin.

Good luck on your move to England!!!!!!

Wow, I'm going to try that!! I keep my hair products in my room, but I didn't think to use a shower cap! I'll wash my hair tonight and see how long I last. Thanks!

Thanks for the good luck!!:D

pinkopulence said:
Ebonygurl,

Could you please discribe this bun that you air dried your hair in? Is a twist around bun, sock bun or something else.

I'm glad you found something that works for you.

Thanks,

Pink-O

Hey! I just did a loop bun. My hair isn't long enough to twist anymore. Doing a twist bun made my hair dry weird. My hair dries straight with the loop bun. Don't do it tight, though!

hmm.. my hair used to do that too. now i airdry in a ponytail and it comes out straight. but it has the scrunchies dents in it though.

Back