I Found It!: The Curve Salon Products Alternative

curlyq

After reading the thread Curve Salon Products and my less than stellar experience there, I was determined after finding out the already outrageous prices for their Curly Pudding and Curly Meringue had gone up a whopping $8 bucks a pop.

I decided enough is enough and committed myself to finding an alternative. After paying 300+ to get my hair done there, I wasn't really satisfied with the results of their "finishing" AND it wasn't until I got home that I figured out how to make the style work.

Anyway.
wink.gif
Ladies, save your money. For those who are texturized I have tested these out and the results are just the same as the Pudding and the Meringue, maybe even better:

The best part about it is that ANYONE can get these products at any drugstore, and would probably pass them up thinking they weren't products made "for us"

Making Waves Curl Booster

Loreal Whipped Gel: Out of Bed

Both are non drying, non sticky once dry, give a great long lasting all day curl pattern, plus I experience LESS BREAKAGE than I did using Curly Pudding and Meringue. Best part of all Grand Total $11 bucks.
grin.gif

Re: I Found It!: The Curve Salon Products Alterna

[ QUOTE ]
blue_flower said:
Why weren't you satisfied with the way they did your hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, do tell why you weren't satisfied. I called the salon some months ago and spoke w/ one of the owners and told her that I was calling long distance and wanted to get some info. She was borderline rude
shocked.gif
and tried to rush me off the phone
swearing.gif
! (But not, of course, before letting me know that the cost of the "silkener" STARTS @ $175!
shocked.gif
) So please tell what your experience was.
user.gif

Who in their right mind would pay $175 to get their hair done - those are lifestyles of the rich and famous prices
smile.gif

A silkener is probably just the same as a texturiser. I use S-curl and it costs $5 !!!
Does anyone here use fruit of the earth aloe vera gel? I get very good results with that.

[ QUOTE ]
buffalosoldier said:
Does anyone here use fruit of the earth aloe vera gel? I get very good results with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried FOTE but it felt like it was drying my hair out so I switched to Suave Frizz Control. I don't get that dryness anymore.
up.gif

Anyone have the ingredients for the Pudding and Meringue?

Yes please do share your technique and photos if you have them. I recently tried my first texturizer, about 2 weeks ago and love it but I'm still experimenting to find the best product combinations for my wash and go.

Blackdiamond, yes this is texturized hair, ironed straight. I used Motions relaxer for about 5 minutes to texturize.

yeah beautiful hair Teenie and Syt --very nice
smile.gif

I might try the suave gel thanks for d tip.

[ QUOTE ]
curlyq said:
After reading the thread Curve Salon Products and my less than stellar experience there, I was determined after finding out the already outrageous prices for their Curly Pudding and Curly Meringue had gone up a whopping $8 bucks a pop.

I decided enough is enough and committed myself to finding an alternative. After paying 300+ to get my hair done there, I wasn't really satisfied with the results of their "finishing" AND it wasn't until I got home that I figured out how to make the style work.

Anyway.
wink.gif
Ladies, save your money. For those who are texturized I have tested these out and the results are just the same as the Pudding and the Meringue, maybe even better:

The best part about it is that ANYONE can get these products at any drugstore, and would probably pass them up thinking they weren't products made "for us"

Making Waves Curl Booster

Loreal Whipped Gel: Out of Bed

Both are non drying, non sticky once dry, give a great long lasting all day curl pattern, plus I experience LESS BREAKAGE than I did using Curly Pudding and Meringue. Best part of all Grand Total $11 bucks.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you texturized ?

I do not know if it is just me but i love the kemyoyl shea butter pomade ..it is a bit sticky but it makes your hair dry really nicley..ps I took out my braids ... my hair texture changed but at least it is growing.

Yes, I'm texturized or as Curve calls it "Silkened"
ohwell.gif
And yes ladies the products I suggested do work. I even tried it on a fresh wash and condition today. Same results. Curly, even more curly than with the pudding and mergingue. And I have to use LESS of the drugstore products than I ever did the Curve products.

Just wet your hair until it's very wet but not dripping wet. Take some of the Making Waves or the Whipped Gel (I use a combo of both) flip your hair over to the front of your head, and start applying the product from the nape of your neck to the front. Scrunching all along. You start to see the hair taking on whatever your natural hair pattern is. Add as much product as you want to get the desired look you want.

Sometimes I like a more curly look, sometimes I like a wavy pattern. And just let it air dry. You can blowdry if you like with a defusuer. But airdry makes the best results. To touch up droopy curls just stroke your hair with damp hands and add more product and your done.

I like to use a little pomade for shine after I'm all dry and I'm done.

I wasn't pleased with the sisters attitude, I wasn't pleased with the fact that they charge a lot but it doesn't seem as if they know how to "finish" a head unless your hair is textured like theirs. I have extremely coarse hair it takes a while to dry they let me leave the salon with wet hair.

Now even on my worse black salon experience, I have never left the salon looking all sorts of ways. Now to be fair, I think the hairstyle is cute with some homestyling that I did to make it work. But even in NOT knowing how to perform the style, I knew while sitting in the chair there were some things they were doing that weren't healthy for the hair.

The price of the products were the last straw. I had to move on.

shocked.gif
OMG! These two products mixed together are very close to the CP! My credit card and I thank you, Curlyq.

Hey Curlyq
wave.gif
Thank you sooo much for your suggestions!
kiss.gif
The Making Waves Curl Booster has become my staple for the summer!

Not a problem. In fact, I'm going to challenge you in testing the products because you can use LESS of those products than Curly Pudding and Merginue and the results will be better than the CP/CM. Plus I've had waaay less breakage, more bounce, softness and a lot of money saved.

Because you can get these products at ANY DRUGSSTORE for 75% less than the CP/CM. And to those who asked it will work on relaxed hair that isn't permed bone straight. Same curly results, after my friend tried it on her 6 weeks post relaxer hair.
smile.gif

Re: I Found It!: The Curve Salon Products Alternative

can anyone scan the labels on the curve products or post the ingredients. I like to look for the same ingredients in other products

Back