i found a way to cheat.....

ladylibra_30

hey girls:

i think that i've found a way to cheat on extending my relaxers anywhere from 16-20 weeks!

my hair snaps off at the line of demarcation along my edges in the front and the back...so i do a 'halo' retouch (ONLY) and this buys me about 6-8 more weeks (i retouch every 8 weeks)
smile.gif

what do you ladies thinks about this? pros/cons?

So this means that you're retouching the edges every 6-8 weeks, and the rest of your hair every 16-20??? Sounds okay, but it wouldn't work for me, cuz my edges are the most vulnerable parts for me... they break off easily and that's the part I would rather relax as infrequently as possible...
smile.gif

But actually this post doesn't apply to me anyway, cuz I already relax every 16 weeks with no problems...
wink.gif

no breakage so far...my hair seems to be very strong in the center and thrives very well. i only have snapping (despite moisturizing, deep-conditioning) along the edges.

Hey LadyLibra--I do this now with my texturized hair. I think it's a good idea if you're someone who doesn't have issues with your edges. This method has helped me to go longer in-between retouches....I use to do this when I wore the sew-in weaves too...
smile.gif

I use to do this ALL the time in High School with no adverse effects. I've done about 2 relaxers ago. Just slap a little perm around the nape area, smooth for a little a bit and wash out. It really helps to prolong your perm, atleast it did for me. When I use to do this, I would touch-up the edges (lightly) at week 8-10 and then relax the entire head like another 8-10 weeks later. My hair is growing pretty fast right now so I might be doing this in about another 4 weeks.

Just to share a crazy story... my Mom's hair is really soft and straight and she hardly needs to relax at all, so one day she came with me to my stylist in the intentions of getting a touchup, but she spoke to him, and they decided just to do her edges...

Do you know he had the NERVE to charge her the price of a full touchup($70.00!!!!)
mad.gif
mad.gif
$70.00 for that few tablespoons of relaxer he put on her hair!! CROOK!!! She obviously won't be coming back there with me again!
nono.gif
After that, I was having second thoughts about going back to him myself!!
look.gif

Back