• Heck Yes!

Votes: 32 35.2%
  • Heck No!

Votes: 59 64.8%

• Total voters

PoisedNPolished

th_bald10.jpg

Ok so after ONE year and eight months I finally flat-ironed my hair:blush:
I attempted to roller set and sit under the dryer using motions wrap lotion...:nono: HOT MESS. So when it was dry I put some Chi Silk Infusion and Herbal Essence LTR. Then I flat ironed tiny sections until it was straight. I used a CHI flat iron.
th_flatiron021.jpg
th_IMAGE_146.jpg

There is still that breakage spot in the front so I did a side part to conceal:look:
th_flatiron025.jpg
Hmm it grew!:grin:
So I wrapped it up last night and this morning it was just UGLY!:wallbash:
th_flatiron031.jpg

The ends are RATTY! So I put it in a bun
th_flatiron042.jpg
th_flatiron034.jpg

Now what should I do... trim the ends or wait it out?

Last edited:
I can't see from the pics but could it be that your ends are just really dry? If they are split, then I would trim. If not, I would just baby the ends with lots of moisture and protective styling. HTH.

That's a lot of progress!! I would wait on the trim if I were you. Just keep your ends moisturized nightly and seal them. If anything you could dust a bit but your hair looks good. JMO.

wait it out just mois your ends and seal:yep:thats what i going to do but it looking good by the way nice bun

no don't trim...just moisturize and when you reach a spot that you're comfortable at...then trim. But other than that your hair looks thick and lovely.:yep: Great job!

great progress! can you tell me how you did that bun? dumb question or not was it done with your hair? i need to know how to do that. i wanna give the fake buns a rest.

TIA

great progress! can you tell me how you did that bun? dumb question or not was it done with your hair? i need to know how to do that. i wanna give the fake buns a rest.

TIA

Yea I used my real hair. I just put in a pony tail and tucked the hair and put three bobby pins in it. That's all. Sorry if it makes no sense. :spinning:

Your hair looks good.

If you have split ends they need to be trimmed. If you don't trim they it will only travel up the shaft of the hair causing more damage and you will have to get more cut later.

Wait it out. Because I went through the same thing once I straightened my hair and saw all the knots on the ends and just the ends being ratty. I've cut a couple places now it's kind of un even, because I was trying to cut off the knots mostly. But, that didn't work out for even hair.

Ughhh cutting them isn't going to help much if you were your hair in it's natural state most of the time.

It will just ratty back up.

I would just let it be, it doesn't look too bad, just a little drier than it was the night before. I would just wait it out and if you still dont agree after like 2 months or so give it a little trim. Cute bun though!

OT: You know OP... you look like somebody on this board:giggle: I just cant put
my finger on it

I voted yes, but I say, just dust your ends, and wait it out. What kind of cloth did you wrap it in? It looked a little dry the next day. Overall, though, it looks great---thick and healthy. Keep up the great work! :yep:

I would wait...if you first goal is full shoulder length i would try to go a inch or two pass then trim unless you start breaking or spliting before then...your ends dont look terrible at all. I think you hair was trying to revert back to its natural state in the day after pic...which is why you have the dry frizzy look. I get that look too, if I don't flat iron correctly, add too many water products, or sweat.

I would wait...if you first goal is full shoulder length i would try to go a inch or two pass then trim unless you start breaking or spliting before then...your ends dont look terrible at all. I think you hair was trying to revert back to its natural state in the day after pic...which is why you have the dry frizzy look. I get that look too, if I don't flat iron correctly, add too many water products, or sweat.

I think your hair was trying to revert back too. I flat ironed my hair a few weeks ago and the bottom of my hair had already partially reverted back by the time I was finished with the top! Don't trim/cut unless the ends are split.

A lot 4 naturals who flat iron get crunchy ends that first time (:look:), and reversion sets in quick

Next time, use a fine tooth comb followed by the flat iron for one to two passes to help with that problem...HTH

I am :wallbash: you can do a bun and I can't and we are the same length

Tenny
:yep: I wanted to say this without sounding rude but you should check your technique before cutting anything. As a natural I flat iron with a brush and the flat iron chasing the brush. Quite a few other let the flat iron chase a small toothed comb. Reversion is also a problem. A good serum or leave in (preferably one that doesnt contain water as the first ingredient, otherwise you'll see smoke and/or steam come from the flat iron) will help prevert reversion. I also like to flat iron my hair when its completely dry. I like my creamy leave in but its water based. So I apply it and then let it air dry completely before flat ironing. I think youll see a makjor difference. I really think you should wait on cutting or trimming your hair.

Too many products, and the wrong products. You had already put in setting lotion, then you put LTR and Chi Silk Infusion....:nono: Rewash your hair and DC, and pick one product, Chi Silk Infusion and see how it comes out.

So can we find out how you did the bun.. I may BC to about your length and am afraid I won't be able to do it. I can't even bun my hair right now correctly

Too many products, and the wrong products. You had already put in setting lotion, then you put LTR and Chi Silk Infusion....:nono: Rewash your hair and DC, and pick one product, Chi Silk Infusion and see how it comes out.

That makes a lot of sense I was really scared of the heat damage! I will do that the next time. Maybe in december! Thanks!

So can we find out how you did the bun.. I may BC to about your length and am afraid I won't be able to do it. I can't even bun my hair right now correctly

Yea all I did was put my hair in a low ponytail then I fanned out the hair. I pinned the ends under and that was it. You can for sure do it. It's very easy!:yep:

Your hair seems to be craving moisture, but the bun is really cute. I wouldn't trim unless i had teribble split ends

Yea I understand what you're saying. Ive been using the Chi silk infusion to flat iron my hair until yesterday when I tried the Olive Oil hair lotion for the first time. It wasnt greasy like the chi and thoroughly moisturized my hair. After flat ironing, my hair came out looking like a perm and I am natural 4b.

Back