I feel like i have to relax more often with lye...

beana

My last two touch ups i have used design essentials lye relaxer and my hair has been doing fine with it. The difference in the first 2.5 inches of my hair is amazing (silky, shiny, very easy to manage) as opposed to my no lye relaxed length which is not as smooth.

I'm noticing that i relax in shorter intervals with lye... instead of my usual 10-12 weeks, ive been struggling to make it to 8!! For instance, im 6 weeks post and my scalp is super tender and i feel like i have soo much new growth but its not quite an inch yet. I'm so tempted to relax in a week or so because this new growth is so dense and i dont want breakage.

Also, my hair seems to be growing with a course texture, nothng like the new growth that would poof then lay down... this is helmut head poof. I discussed this with my sister, who relaxes my hair, and she suggested that i switch to another lye relaxer.

has anyone else noticed that they relax in shorter intervals with lye or am i just in the middle of a growth spurt that i should stop complaining about :)?

Back