I don't know what to do....

Nubian.Queen

I have been transitioning since March '08 and been doing so with braids and cornrows. My edges started thinning out so I have decided to give my hair a break from the extensions, however, I am having a terrible time dealing with the two textures, the tangles and the mess after washing. I am considering retouching (pressure from my hubby not to BC) or BCing. Don't know what to do, I have an appointment tomorrow for a retouch and I know I can always back out. I don't want to disappoint my hubby by cutting my hair, he likes me with long hair...what's a girl got to do? When I look at all the beautiful ladies with some nice natural curls I can't help but want my hair to be that way...am so cofused....:wallbash:

Awww...poor thing...it'll get better... i would suggest getting your hair straightened with a flat iron, especially of you really want to continue your transition. Maybe seeing how long and healthy your hair is will help you continue in your journey without any chemical assistance (i'm not against relaxers) that you may or may not regret...

You have been transitioning since March- something that you probably wouldn't have done if you were unsure about being natural. If I were you I think that I would wait before getting a relaxer, because it doesn't sound like something that you want. If your hair can be pulled into a ponytail try using a phony pony....or do a dominican blow out, or a flexirod set. Have you considered a wig? Anything besides braids that can give your edges a rest. Whatever you choose, good luck and just think it over!!!

OT: Congrats on transitioning for so long!!!

Last edited:
ITA...stlyles that "mask" transitioning hair really help (flexirods, spiral sets, roller sets, straw sets, etc.) i used phony ponytails, but now I have a sew in...

I agree with the above suggestions.

As far as your hairline, your braid parts must have been small to have affected your hairline. Usually medium to large parts keep your hair on your head. Please update us with what you chose to do. As far your hubby, he may like you with long hair because that's all he's seen you in. After watching several episodes of What Not To Wear, I bet he will still love your hair as long as it's styled tight and right, no matter the length ;-) Good luck!

Thanks ladies for your input. I remember last Nov. When I relax my hair and I regretted it the same day I did. I cancelled my appt. today and will see what I really want to do...I want to cry so bad. I know it's only hair and will grow back no matter what I decide. I need to have great hair not just good hair...grrrh :wallbash:

Thanks ladies for your input. I remember last Nov. When I relax my hair and I regretted it the same day I did. I cancelled my appt. today and will see what I really want to do...I want to cry so bad. I know it's only hair and will grow back no matter what I decide. I need to have great hair not just good hair...grrrh :wallbash:

You're so welcome girl :-) Please update us with how you're feeling about your hair right now. Sometimes it just takes some sleeping over it before we can make a decision about what we want to do. I admire those who can wake up and change their hair in a second, but I'm the type that has to think about it. Neither is wrong. Take care!

Back