I did my corrective yesterday

For those who remember I had done my first self-relaxer about 2 months ago. I had done it in three sections (2 in the front, 1 in the back). The back had came out PERFECTLY (I think partly because my texture is so much looser back there, and because I had used most of my relaxer on it). The two front sections came out underprocessed because I didn't have enough relaxer at ALL.
So yesterday I decided to do a corrective and I did NOT realize I had so much new growth. The left side came out great (from what I can tell, you know how when you relax it kinda thickens back up in a couple weeks), but the crown still came out a little underprocessed and the right. I think this happened because my right is thicker than my left and I started on my left and did not have enough time to leave it on the right side. I also should have started in the crown which is the thickest part of my hair but it looks SOOO much better.
I used Silk Elements Regular

SELF-RELAXER FOR LIFE!:lachen::lachen:

P.S.-I got 0 burns!!!

Good for you,:yep: I self relax also , I know how rewarding it is, not to mention the money you save from going to a Salon,

Congrats!

I did mine three weeks ago and it doesnt even looked like a perm touched it. :ohwell: Like you i dont think I used enough relaxer. I have to do a corrective because the ng is gettign out of hand.

How long did you wait to do the correctve?

Yeah, I was going to let a salon relax me, but the lady there acted like she didn't know what she was doing. :lachen: That made me stop being afraid of self relaxing and I did my own. In the past, my self relaxing didn't always agree with my hair. I am learning how to do more things to help me keep my hair happy and me happy. I did it in 4 sections. My curl pattern is very strong, so I had to comb my relaxer thru to get it strait. If I don't do this, I end up texlaxed.:rolleyes:

Yeah, I was going to let a salon relax me, but the lady there acted like she didn't know what she was doing. :lachen: That made me stop being afraid of self relaxing and I did my own. In the past, my self relaxing didn't always agree with my hair. I am learning how to do more things to help me keep my hair happy and me happy. I did it in 4 sections. My curl pattern is very strong, so I had to comb my relaxer thru to get it strait. If I don't do this, I end up texlaxed.:rolleyes:

I'm not trying to tell you what to do but that is very damaging to the hair.

Back