I Developed An Addition To…

MonaRae

GEL! :wallbash: Please help me! It’s making my life with hair so much easier :yep: and now I can’t live without it. I do get a DC before and after but I know GEL can be hard on the hair. Is there a GEL out there that in less harmful to the hair? I’m not sure what my hair-dresser uses now but I do have that brown protein GEL at home.

HELP! :spinning:

Back in the day I used that brown gel and would have lots of breakage :ohwell:. I didn't know that too much protein would do that. Now, I use Fantasis IC Styling Gel w/ Sparkle Lites. It doesn't contain alcohol and doesn't flake. I love it :love2:

I have been using Ampro Style Gel forever. I only use it for my edges when i'm doing a ponytail. I recently switched to Aloe Vera Gel, i like it better.

I picked up Nexxus VersaStyler because I wanted to have something to control my W-n-G styles... It's alcohol free and has lots of uses. I decided not to do WNG because it's really damaging for my hair with all that scrunching and such... So I had this idea to put a bit of the product in after I flat ironed because I was bored... My hair loves this stuff... It kind of just gave my hair a really finished shine that was soft to the touch and just felt really tamed - without drying it out. Also my hair didn't poof up in the humid air (it's been kind of grey and rainy around here in NY).

The bottle says it's good for thermal usage (has Ceremides in it), slick looks, wet looks, and soft bouncy curls if brushed out. Protects from the sun and environmental elements, lol. It's a wonder product! LOL.

It costs $13.99 but for me it's totally worth it.

Girl, I had the worst addiction to the Ampro black gel. :nono::nono: Used to keep a small jar in my drawer at work. :nono: When I started this healthy hair thing, I quit cold-turkey. But recently, I have added the Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera gel to my regi. Occasionally on my hair line. Has no alcohol. Use with a scarf, and it flattens that ng nicely.

Back in the day I used that brown gel and would have lots of breakage . I didn't know that too much protein would do that. Now, I use Fantasis IC Styling Gel w/ Sparkle Lites. It doesn't contain alcohol and doesn't flake. I love it

How long have you used this brand and how’s your hair condition since using this brand?

I have been using Ampro Style Gel forever. I only use it for my edges when i'm doing a ponytail. I recently switched to Aloe Vera Gel, i like it better.

Why didn’t I think of Aloe Vera Gel!!!!! What brand are you using? I may try this one. Does ur hair get hard from this? How long does the effect last?

I picked up Nexxus VersaStyler because I wanted to have something to control my W-n-G styles... It's alcohol free and has lots of uses. I decided not to do WNG because it's really damaging for my hair with all that scrunching and such... So I had this idea to put a bit of the product in after I flat ironed because I was bored... My hair loves this stuff... It kind of just gave my hair a really finished shine that was soft to the touch and just felt really tamed - without drying it out. Also my hair didn't poof up in the humid air (it's been kind of grey and rainy around here in NY).

So it doesn’t harden the hair? I’m looking for something that will create a style lasting say 6 – 7 days worth of wear.

Girl, I had the worst addiction to the Ampro black gel. Used to keep a small jar in my drawer at work. When I started this healthy hair thing, I quit cold-turkey. But recently, I have added the Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera gel to my regi. Occasionally on my hair line. Has no alcohol. Use with a scarf, and it flattens that ng nicely.

How long does the style last?

Thank you ladies thank you so much. I am so glad I posted!

Last edited:
I was just sitting in bed pondering if if I should leave my wonderful Pink oil moisturizer gel alone?:grin: I love it, and have used it in like forever. It really never took about my hair. I used it to make ponytails and mold the back of my hair. I think I my have to switch to a more healthier gel!

I love Gel as well. Avoided it for a while, because it makes my serrhiboric (bad speller), dermatitus flare up, but now that I'm doign the protective styling thing, I'm relying on gel more to make my hair a little firmer. I always use the proclaim clear gel. Is this bad for me, and will it give me too much breakage? I rarely see any breakage at wash day, one, maybe two strands, and even not a lot of breakage if I roller set, unless I get bored with the roller sets, on day 4 or 5 and decide to comb.

Back