I can't freakin' stand rollersetting the sides of my head!!!

ttlayli

How do ya'll do it??!!! I can rolelrset the middle section of my head with perfection, but once I get to the sides....:wallbash:

There is NEVER enough room for the rollers...the top row pushes the mohawk section I already completed...UGH!!!

Is there a secret I missed on how to rolerset the sides????

I rollerset one side first, then I do the mohawk.

I part each side into two sections and I place 3-4 rollers in each section.

How big are you doing your mohawk section?

LOL! I have the same issue. I can do the middle perfect. The sides are pretty much free-handed. I always have pieces falling out. :ohwell:

i have pics of me in rollers in my fotki. I am not perfect but I never have a problem setting the sides of my head.

I also do the "mohawk" thing now(I used to part my hair down the middle when I first joined LHCF). You can say that I have six parts to my hair: Three in the front and three in the back. I roll the sides of my hair up. I usually only have two or three rollers on each side... never more than three. I really hope the pictures help.

i have pics of me in rollers in my fotki. I am not perfect but I never have a problem setting the sides of my head.

I also do the "mohawk" thing now(I used to part my hair down the middle when I first joined LHCF). You can say that I have six parts to my hair: Three in the front and three in the back. I roll the sides of my hair up. I usually only have two or three rollers on each side... never more than three. I really hope the pictures help.

tHANKS....I'm off to check out your fotki! :drunk:

Wow. the sides are the easiest and fastest for me :ohwell: I have pics of my roller placement as well (the 14th & 20th week post album), if that'll help. Sorry I'm not much of help

Last edited:
Wow. the sides are the easiest and fastest for me :ohwell: I have pics of my roller placement as well (the 14th & 20th week post album), if that'll help. Sorry I'm not much of help

Dang forreal?? I always feel like I never have enough room on my head for the rollers....Im always forcing the rollers in an area, if that makes sense. Within five minutes I'm done with the "mohawk" section....but once I get to the sides, I'm struggling to find space and when I do the "top layer" (the part close to the "mohawk") it pushes those rollers! Sigh. :sad:

Dang forreal?? I always feel like I never have enough room on my head for the rollers....Im always forcing the rollers in an area, if that makes sense. Within five minutes I'm done with the "mohawk" section....but once I get to the sides, I'm struggling to find space and when I do the "top layer" (the part close to the "mohawk") it pushes those rollers! Sigh. :sad:

Yea, the sides comes out the neatest and tightest :look:
Have you looked at Marcheriemour's DVD? That's how I learned :yep:

I set my hair Friday and had the exact same problem. I couldn't get the sides rolled tight enough and there wasn't enough room for the rollers. By the time I got to the second side, I was frustrated and started combing my hair a bit more harshly than I should have :nono: but I'd already spent 50 minutes setting my hair and still wasn't done...

I just looked at your album - i'm putting way too many small rollers in my hair. I could save so much time using bigger ones.

^^ I use the pink or green (smaller than the pink) magnetic rollers. I can get lots of green ones on the mohawk and two rows of rollers down both sides all going backwards - i haven't counted but thats about 10 on each side and 12 on the mohawk.

My sets come out good but may hair doesn't fall down by my face. I basically have a head full of tightly set rolls.

When I do the sides, I do 3 sections on the side, and no more than 3 rollers in a section, but normally its two. I use the magenta colored rollers and I roll up. I never have a problem with not having enough space. In the very back though, I do use a smaller roller back there to make everything fit.

I use wide rollers for the mohawk section and more narrow ones for the sides; they're all the same diameter though. Like E_Williams, the sides are the easiest for me.

I also agree with E_Williams. The actual mohawk park makes my arms hurt lol. I pretty much use the same size all over except for my side edges, I use a smaller size. Pics are in fotki.

I USE to have this problem for a very long time, now I am a pro at the whole thinge. This is waht i did:

Do the Mohawk stating at the back, rolling down as usual. When finished, part down on the right hand side from the top fro# of the mohawk to the bottom of the earloab. Secure the front secton with a clip and get ready to start parting the back. Start by making a horizontal part at the top and secure the hair underneath it with a clip. Put the roller on top of the hair and start to roll upwards and secure it with two prong/duck bill clips, one at each end. Continue until you have rolled all 4-5 upwards, your nape should be the last section to roll upwards. Then make a horizontal part the the front section, roll this upwards. Lastly, roll vertically the 3-4 at the top.

Look at the pic below in my aiggy with the rollers in it but imagine 2 more rollers at the back, making 5.

Last edited:
I had this problem for the longest. Bought macherieamour's DVD simply for the side back section, because everybody was being secretive, suggesting to buy it rather than come in like this and offer help. :ohwell:

Anybody wanna buy a rollersetting DVD? :sekret:

When I do the sides, I do 3 sections on the side, and no more than 3 rollers in a section, but normally its two. I use the magenta colored rollers and I roll up. I never have a problem with not having enough space. In the very back though, I do use a smaller roller back there to make everything fit.

Im gonna try this...

I USE to have this problem for a very long time, now I am a pro at the whole thinge. This is waht i did:

Do the Mohawk stating at the back, rolling down as usual. When finished, part down on the right hand side from the top fro# of the mohawk to the bottom of the earloab. Secure the front secton with a clip and get ready to start parting the back. Start by making a horizontal part at the top and secure the hair underneath it with a clip. Put the roller on top of the hair and start to roll upwards and secure it with two prong/duck bill clips, one at each end. Continue until you have rolled all 4-5 upwards, your nape should be the last section to roll upwards. Then make a horizontal part the the front section, roll this upwards. Lastly, roll vertically the 3-4 at the top.

Look at the pic below in my aiggy with the rollers in it but imagine 2 more rollers at the back, making 5.

Thank you!!!!

I had this problem for the longest. Bought macherieamour's DVD simply for the side back section, because everybody was being secretive, suggesting to buy it rather than come in like this and offer help. :ohwell:

Anybody wanna buy a rollersetting DVD? :sekret:

:perplexed

LOL....

I do! How much?? :spinning:

That hair of yours is just beautiful! :love:

I have pics of me in rollers in my fotki.

With the mesh rollers, whatever the winding direction (up or down) you can easily use pins going through the next roller (including a roller which is place din an other direction such as the mohawk rollers), which makes it easy.

I also experienced problems using large size magnetic rollers to have the first one fixed close to the mohawk. If you have somebody who can help you, it is easier to have him maintaining the first side roller during the time you wind the second one, then you can link these two side rollers together with a bobby pin and there is no problem. My husband does it perfectly ! I also tried to use the holes in the mag rollers to create with a long pin between the front mohawk roller and the first side roller, but it require a very careful arrangment in ordre the holes are respectively well positionned which is a challenge.

I hope it helps

PS: your avatar hair is beautiful Is it yours ??

Stupid question alert.............

I thought there was only one direction to roll hair.

Wouldn't doing it the other way mean all the hair is flipping upwards instead of curling under itself?

Back