I Can't believe it!!! I BIG CHOPPED!!!

hair4romheaven

My last relaxer was 8/2009 and I big chopped 6/26/2010. So I was 10mnth post relaxer when I chopped.
I planned on doing the BC 2 years post relaxer but things don't go as planned sometimes. I was going on vacation tothe west indies so I got a weave done by Toya's stylist Lil waynes ex-wife and my weave WAS BUSTED. When I left the salon I was ok as the day went on my head started KILLING me. It was SO tight so I went back to have her adjust it and the weave was literally falling out. Thread and tracks was showing. I never had a weave look so bad. I was leaving for vaca the next day so I sucked it up and purchased a few head bands. I couldn't take it anymore and didn't want to damage my hair so I took it out 1 day into my vacation. My hair felt weird and my egdes looked thin. I had no products here so I just chopped I guess out of frustration.:nono: My afro has no shape so don't laugh.:lachen: I literally just started chpping with plain ol scissors. When I was done. I was like OOOKAY what now. I went to the beach and laid there thinking what to do. i met a local West Indian girl who does hair and made an immediate appt. So the pics you're viewing are post beach and right before going to get my weave reinstalled. She did a great job by the way.
I am def. 4b so any suggestions on creamy moist DC and leave ins will be great! I also need a great daily moisturizer for my 4beezie tresses.
With out further ranting here are my pics. I am also able to make a little pony tail I was happy about that!:yep:

ETA Regi:
I don't have a special regi I cornrowed under a wig for months washed in cornrow and DC in cornrows. I took braids down 1x a month and did protein treatment (drc-28) I don't comb my hair i use my fingers and I blow dried 1x a month using tension mentod. Then rebraided. I used BT as well as a growth aid and took GNC hair vitamins. I work out 4x a week and drink protein shakes. There were no special tricks I just left it alone while braided under my wigs. Applied growth aids (BT) daily, moist & seal.
HTH anymore questions I will be happy to answer. I just can't think of anything else right now.

Last edited:
Wow that's great growth for 10 months! Congrats on your BC! That was smart of you to take the tight sew in down, to avoid breakage. Enjoy your vacay!

Your hair looks great! I'm pretty sure that it will look even better after your next weave is taken down.

You have tremendous growth for 10 months!!! :yep:

:love::love: You have some fantastic growth for 10 months post.
I don't think I have that much at 19 months post.

Congratulations on your BC!

Congrats my friend!!!!

Welcome to the natural side of things!!! You'll be APL in NO time!

As far as products, I recommend trying out some samples from Oyin Handmade, Qhemet Biologics, and purchasing a few oils. Oyin's Honey Hemp conditioner is great, very detangling and can be used as a leave in. Qhemet's Burdock Root cream is a great moisturizer. My friend has 4b hair and prefers their Amla & Olive Heavy Cream but getting some samples would help you decide what works or doesn't work for you.

Congrats! You seem to be doing the right hair techniques already and you have a nice, healthy start.

Pick up some LeKair Cholestrol Conditioner if you haven't already. Cheap and effective, I love it!

Thank you sisters on all of the congrats. I feel alot better. It seems like you guys are the only ones that understand the BC!! LOL
Any more suggestions on products will be greatly appreciated. Once again thank you!!

It's gorgeous and THIKKKK!

U are brave to do the BC while on vaca, Lady.

(Now, uh, when we gon' pray? LOL ~ PM me, Chica!!!)

Be Blessed and Relaxed and HAve Funnnn!

It's gorgeous and THIKKKK!

U are brave to do the BC while on vaca, Lady.

(Now, uh, when we gon' pray? LOL ~ PM me, Chica!!!)

Be Blessed and Relaxed and HAve Funnnn!

Thanks sis...Yes we need to link up and get our prayer on!! LOL I will holler at you as soon as I get back..right now the mosquitos are tearing me UP!!!:lachen:

Back