I can NOT keep extensions in my hair!!!

tailormade84

Every other month I get the itch to wear braids/twists/wigs, and when I finally decide to invest the time (i do my own hair) and money (to buy the hair), a week after i wear the style, I am ITCHING to take it down and see my own hair again.

Is it just me???:perplexed how do you ladies fight the urge to take down your extensions too early?

(p.s. it doesnt help when i see/hear stories of women who have hair damage due to leaving hair in too long)

LOL...i did the exact same thing, a month ago i had a sew-in and i was supposed to keep it in for 6-8 weeks i took it right out at 2 weeks (i paid $75 + hair cost) it was pointless i personally think im OVER weave, i wore it for years and now i like to just do protective styles with my hair instead.

i feel the same way! it's nearly 6 weeks into my braids and I abhor them! I swear! I have to really push myself to keep them in. When the weather is crappy, i tell myself: "See your protecting your hair from the harsh cold" :lachen: I'm happy with the growth - half an inch since putting them in (estimate), but lawd I wanna play with my hair so bad! :lachen:
I dont think I can last much longerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! :wallbash:

Do length checks!

I have just started doing my own braids. When I get the urge to take them all down, I take down a few and do a length check and then that turns into redoing a few loose ones, which turns into re-doing a few more.

I totally understand the urge but I only semi-give in.

i think it's a disease:lachen:i can usually keep my braids in but the longest i ever kept a weave in was a little less than 2 weeks :nono: i think my head is just alergic to weaves:yep:

that itching used to happen to me i read up last year that you must rinse out the bundles of hair couple days before braiding. when you buy the synthetic or human hair you must rinse it let dry before braiding, now i always rinse the hair before, and i have NO itching.i keep my braids in up to nine weeks.

I take down a few and do a length check and then that turns into redoing a few loose ones, which turns into re-doing a few more.

I totally understand the urge but I only semi-give in.

LOL!! me too...i re-do the front....i just re-did the front of my kinky twists......imma fight to keep in the back just one more week longer!!!

ETA: a visual :)
P1010029-vi.jpg

P1010025-vi.jpg

the amount i shed (its been 12 days)
P1010015-vi.jpg

Last edited:
I can't keep extensions in either...I love the clip-in hair pieces though!!!! U can take em out every day if you want and your scalp can breathe!

Back