I am never using Glover's again!

Jewell

I had braids (cornrows) for exactly one week 2 days. I was applied a mix of WGO and Glover's (the liquid) to my scalp, and washing my braids every 2 days. WTF?! When I combed my hair out yesterday after taking the braids down on Tuesday night, I LOST A HANDFUL OF HAIR! I thought I was going bald!

I am so mad! I think the alcohol in the Glover's made my hair shed! I mean, c'mon I only had the braids in for one week, so I don't think that was accumulated shedding, or was it? I still have thick hair, and I still have my length, but it was shocking to see that much hair come out! Most of the hair I saw was from shedding (about 80%). But, I have to say, when I got the braids, I had 3/4" of new growth, and now I have an inch or more, within one week. That's a 1/4" increase within a week. NO JOKING. No wonder they were looking nappy so fast! :lol:

It could also be the way you wash your hair especially in cornrows. It would have been less shedding (IMO) if you waited until you removed the cornrows and then washed you hair in its natural state.

I agree with cyninmon, I think it was the rinsing every 2 days while in cornrows. Probably because the hair draws into itself everytime it is wet, therefore increasing tangles. JMO.

I agree with the previous posters I dont apply water to my cornrows I let them be for a week or two. If I cant take I remove then wash. For some reason when I wore a weave where frequent washing of my cornrows lead to severe breakage my hair came out in clumps the only thing I did different was wash every 2-4 days. Now I am in braids and will be only washing my scalp my hair gets extremely dry when wet and moisture was not penetrating the cornrows enough.

im sorry to hear about your hair shedding and lost but i know some of you may say this is nasty but i never wash my hair when i wear braids or cornrows...i will sometimes rinse them with water towel dry them....i wash and deep condition before i get the braids or the cornrows and then after i remove them is the next time that i will wash my hair...with cornrows the longest i have kept them in is for about 1 month...and then the longest i have kept braids in is for about 2 months....the only thing that i would also do is to apply either ORS fertilizer serum to my scalp and by the time i remove my braids my hair has grown tremendously...thats the plan for this summer and to give my hair an rest....

You ladies are probably right. I figured I should at least spray on some shampoo and rinse them to get some of the oil out since you're supposed to wash after using Glover's. ITA: that is probably the reason for the hair loss. I know better know! Thanks for all the replies!

Back