I am doing henna/indigo in d mornin. Need advise.

strenght81

I am doing henna/indigo in d mornin./UPDATE

Hello ladies,

I plan on doing the two step henna/indigo tomorrow morning. My goals are to achieve jet black shiny hair. Do I have to prepare the henna tonight to allow color release, for the indigo to color my hair black? I do not want any shades of red in my hair, will it be ok If I just let the henna sit for about one hour then apply it, will the color still come out jet black when I add the indigo.
Or is it better to prepare it tonight, let it sit and then do the 2 step process?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
It depends on the type of henna you have. Some release the color quicker than others. To play it safe mix up your henna tonight and leave it in a warm spot.
The indigo can be mixed up tomorrow as it only needs to sit for 15 - 20 minutes before application. I usually mix my indigo just before rinsing out the henna.

I usually mix upmy henna for 8-12 hours (depending on colour release, then use it on freshly washed hair.
After 2hrs (or one hr with heat) i put in the indigo, and leave it IN MY HAIR for a further hour, then DC

I know this may be a silly question but, after applying the indigo, letting it sit and then rinsing it out, what am I to do next. Am I suppose to airdry my hair or dried it under a hairdryer under a rollerset?

I too am gonna do a Henna/Indigo mix as soon as it comes because I Love Jet Black Shiny Hair, Mine was turning A Rusty Brown color and it looks a mess right about now, so Hopefuuly mine will come this week and then I will do it this weekend.

Thanks for the Tips Ladies!!!!

Strength81 how did it turn out?

Update: I mixed the henna at 12am w/warm water and lemin juice. I let it sit unti 8am I then added conditioner to the mix. I applied it within 20 mins. Let it sit for 2 hours. Since my hair was already dark brown/black after rinsing the henna my roots looke auburn but not too noticeable. I then applied the indigo. I mixed the indigo with warm water and a spoonful of salt. I let it sit for 1 hour w/heat. After rinsing I deep condition with heat let my hair airdry in a wrap. I then applied caruso rollers to my bang. The results are amazing, my hair feels sooooo healthy. And the color is dark black. I think it will get darker by the third day. My next henna/indigo treatment will definately give me jet black hair.

Thanks for the update. I can't wait to get my Indigo!

strenght81 said:
Update: I mixed the henna at 12am w/warm water and lemin juice. I let it sit unti 8am I then added conditioner to the mix. I applied it within 20 mins. Let it sit for 2 hours. Since my hair was already dark brown/black after rinsing the henna my roots looke auburn but not too noticeable. I then applied the indigo. I mixed the indigo with warm water and a spoonful of salt. I let it sit for 1 hour w/heat. After rinsing I deep condition with heat let my hair airdry in a wrap. I then applied caruso rollers to my bang. The results are amazing, my hair feels sooooo healthy. And the color is dark black. I think it will get darker by the third day. My next henna/indigo treatment will definately give me jet black hair.

Back