Humidity Help

Ms. Plain Jane

Whenever it rains, my hair transforms into one hot mess. I always watch the news to get an idea of what the weather is going to be because if rain is expected then I DEFINITELY have to rollmy hair. The rain/humidity/mugginess flattens my hair, makes it extra puffy, and sometimes makes my ends look frayed and frazzled, even though my ends are healthy.

Does this happen to anyone else?

How can I avoid this?

TIA!

yep!
what seems to work for me is a serum. But...they key I think is to not put too much stuff on your hair because if you put too much oils, serums, moisturizers or whatever in your hair it will wear it down and then when its humid and steamy out it just makes your hair steam and frizz up.

I noticed that before. If I put too much stuff in my hair and it was humid out the oils or whatever would just run and then it would flatten out and then frizz.

Sometimes if its very very humid theres not much you can do.
Hopefully someone else will chime in this too. I hope I somewhat answered your question.

I have no words of wisdom here...My hair turns HAM when its muggy outside too, it gets big and frizzy so I always wear a bun or pinned up when its raining. I've heard of concoctions that help prevent the frizzies?? :afro:

Ever try using Frizz Ease products? They really work. Also the way you "set" your hair after you wet it can have a lot to do with how it responds to really humid weather. Trust me, I live in Chicago!

I do rollersets with good setting products from Aveda (Universal Styling Creme) and humidity really isn't a problem for me anymore where it used to be a HUGE problem. My hair would poof up and shrink even though it is relaxed. :hair:

Thanks for your responses, ladies!

I pre poo, shampoo, condition, add a leave in, and then roller set my hair and sit under the dryer. When I'm done I use Profectiv (root health?) and maybe spray a little oil sheen. Throughout the week I moisturize with Profectiv.

I haven't tried any Frizz Ease products... maybe I should. Are they mostly products that you use while your hair while it's wet or dry?
My hair isn't long enough for a decent updo... maybe I'll be able to pull something off by the beginning of next year.

Have you tried Aveda anti-Humectant. It has helped to tame my frizzy hair somewhat especially during humid weather. Unfortunately on extremely humid days there is no hope for my hair so I just bun it and go. HTH

Have you tried Aveda anti-Humectant. It has helped to tame my frizzy hair somewhat especially during humid weather. Unfortunately on extremely humid days there is no hope for my hair so I just bun it and go. HTH

No I haven't but I will definitely look for it tomorrow.

Back