Humecto Users

PrettyBrownEyes

I finally bought some Humecto after hearing so many rave reviews about it. I have been under the impression that all Conditioners need to have some protein in them, and there isn't any listed for Humecto.

How often do you use it? Do you use it only after a protein conditioner or alone?

Thanks.

I use Humecto alone and following my protein treatment. It's great at moistuzing and softening. I leave it on for 20-30 minutes.

[ QUOTE ]
I use Humecto alone and following my protein treatment. It's great at moistuzing and softening. I leave it on for 20-30 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

So do I.
smile.gif

Where can you find this stuff, because my hair does not like protein and this sounds like it would be perfect!

Stylepink,

There are various salons that carry it, the JCPenney salon is one, and you can order on-line from Keracare's Website or you can do a search on the web for Keracare and it will list other sites you can order from.

This is why I haven't gone wild about Humecto. I prefer at least a hint of protein even in my moisturizing conditioners. Humecto "performs" well, but I don't really feel like it's infusing my hair with anything really great into my hair.

Design Essentials Stimulations is very comparable, but does include some wheat protein
smile.gif

Thanks Supergirl you understand exactly about my dilemma, that's why I have been using Nexxus Humectress as my Moisturizing Conditioner because it has some protein in it.

I'm going to give the Humecto a try and I've thought about rotating the two. The times I use the Humecto maybe I will follow-up with a Leave-In that has some protein.

Humectress is a VERY GOOD product. In fact I have some under the cabinet that I am going to incorporate back into my regimen some way or another!

I always believe it is good to satisfy your curiosity, so by all means purchase the smallest quantity of Humecto that is available in your area and give it a try.

I also use it after my protein treatment to moisturize. I also mix a litle with distilled water in a spray bottle to remoisturize after I remove my ponytail. I use the ponytail method to dry my hair.

Humecto is my favorite moisturizing conditioner. i've been using it for over a year. my hair responds best to this than any other conditioner. i use it once a week. i use a protein conditioner maybe once a month now.

i don't like protein every time that i wash my hair. maybe that's why my hair has never really liked Humectress. i'd rather have it be moist from a moisturizing conditioner. and i don't like protein conditioners that i MUST use a moisturizing conditioner after. in general, protein makes my hair hard. that doesn't necessarily mean it's stronger though. that's why i opt for GPB for protein. it leaves it soft, and no moisturizing conditioner is required afterwards.

I use Humecto too... and love it. I would say my hair is like Adrienne's as well. I don't put protein in it often.... maybe once a month.

But humecto really puts the moisture in my hair... and my hair likes that. I recently bought a 5 lb. tub of Humecto from Crawford Beauty supply for about $35. Nice people - Good service!

Thursday girl--is the consistency of the Keracare in the tub different from the one in the bottle. Is it thicker?

If I remember correctly, the only problem I had with the keracare was the thin consistency.

I must be the only one on this forum that do not like the humecto conditioner. It does nothing for my hair, the consistency is too thin, the smell is too strong and the price is too high for that little bottle. I'm using the reminder for conditioner washes to hurry up and get rid of it. Pantene S&S is a better conditioner for my hair and you can't beat the price.

[ QUOTE ]
Humecto is my favorite moisturizing conditioner. i've been using it for over a year. my hair responds best to this than any other conditioner. i use it once a week. i use a protein conditioner maybe once a month now.

i don't like protein every time that i wash my hair. maybe that's why my hair has never really liked Humectress. i'd rather have it be moist from a moisturizing conditioner. and i don't like protein conditioners that i MUST use a moisturizing conditioner after. in general, protein makes my hair hard. that doesn't necessarily mean it's stronger though. that's why i opt for GPB for protein. it leaves it soft, and no moisturizing conditioner is required afterwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been using Humectress for several years now. I would like a moisturizer without protein that I can put on my hair everyday. I want to continue with Humectress (I leave in after shampooing or after Keraphix for 30 min.) and after I use Headress (it too has protein) as my leave-in, I would like a good moisturizer that won't build up and that I can use daily without getting any hardness from the protein.

Will Humecto be a good choice? Any downside to Humecto? Thank you in advance.

The KeraCare Humecto I buy is always thick. I've been using it for a year now and loooove it! I also can't use protein on my hair but every so often and the only protein I use is Keraphix. I have to follow that up with my Humecto to add moisture to my hair.

[ QUOTE ]
Is it safe to purchase humecto at a regular beauty supply store and what is the price range for it?

[/ QUOTE ]
I buy it for $10.50. But I won't buy it anywhere but a professional salon.

I bought my first 16 oz bottle from my hairdresser (i.e. from a salon) as well for about $10.00. I like the tub. I have gotten twice as much Humecto for about the same price. The consistency is thicker.... but it appears to be the same stuff. My hair likes it just fine.

I like Humecto very much. Is there another conditioner you have found that works well as an alternative to Humecto?

MiaLi,

I am still looking for an alternative. I am going to try the Biolage conditioner soon. I will post my results next week.

Thanks,

MissB

MissB,

Are you going to try the Biolage Conditioning Balm? I have used this in the past and liked the results. My stylist uses it and still recommends this product. Thanks for reminding me . . . this probably would be a good alternative.

Mia

MiaLi,

I am referring to the conditioning balm. Another member of this forum mentioned it to me at the recommendation of a stylist. I will also try the Biolage Hydrating shampoo as an alternative to the Keracare Hydrating and Detangling Shampoo. Please post your results also. I am interested in the outcome.

MissB

Miss B,

My stylist used the Biolage as the deep conditioner step during my last relaxer. At that time, we spoke about the benefits of the conditioning balm as I wanted my ends and the rest of my hair well moisturized.

Once I try it again on a regular basis, I will post my results.

Mia

Back