Humecto Users: Is Humecto Getting Thinner?

chayil0427

Hey to all my KC Humecto ladies out there (macherie you better have your butt in here cause you're out leader! LOL)

I just cracked open a new bottle of humecto I bought yesterday, and it seems so much runnier than my last bottle.

Has anyone noticed the product is getting thinner? I searched for a thread, but I couldn't find one specifically on this topic.

I'm thinking of switching to the 5lb tub...I can purchase it at discount-beauty (www.discount-beauty.com) for I believe 37 dollars and the store is located here in the Dallas area so I won't have to pay shipping.

I mean my hair is still soft and feels moisturized (a little more tangled than usual but I am like almost 12 weeks post relaxer LOL so anything that could even SLIGHTLY untangle my 4b forest in the back is a gift from God).

Post up on the consistancy of your bottle of Humecto.

Chayil

OMG I thought it was just me. I bought a bottle last weekend and it was so thin and watery. I was like WTH? Needledd to say, I took it back to the shop and got my money back. For the amount that I paid for that thin runny crap, it had better perform a miracle (which didnt happen:ohwell: ).

Last edited:
i thought so.

i brought the $37.00 tub from discount-beauty as well and i was not impressed. i had heard how thick and creamy humecto was but the tub i had was watery.

i finished it in a matter of weeks :eek:

waste of money...

I haven't purchased a bottle of Humecto in a long time. I have been using the 5 lb tub for a long time and I rotate it with a 2 lb tub of Design Essentials. I will have to look at the bottle the next time I go to the BSS.

I have to concur. I ended up switching to the dominican conditioners, which my hair loves. Im not sure what Avlon is doing. Maybe its a bad batch, or they are cutting corners. Whatever the reason I dont think I will be spending anymore money on it for a while.

Since ya'll are saying it, too, then I now know I'm not crazy. I got me a tub from Irby's I'll be using when I relax this week-end cuz my bottle is now empty. $11.55 for an 8oz "conditioning WATER" is SO not cool :nono: !! Any conditioners similar to the old Humecto? I may be trying that DE cuz I LOVE their leave-in!! What are the ingredients of that 2lb tub of DE? TIA!!

I bought the 16oz bottle from Payne's Beauty supply this week and it was fine. It might have been an older bottle though.

tsmith said:
My 5lb tub is still thick like pudding...It better not change or I'll be pissed:p

Mines too! I am going to venture off to another brand, then if that doesn't work out, I'm going RIGHT back! I really like this stuff and would be pissed at Keracsre, I would call, write, everything.

I just cracked open a new 5lb tub from discount-beauty and it's very thick. I think maybe it has something to with how long it's on the shelf. Hopefully, the runny tubs are just a bad batch. Every bottle I've ever bought has been thin and runny. :ohwell:

chayil0427 said:
Hmm....I'm gonna contact Avlon...I'll post what they say.

Chayil

What ended up happening with this? Is the Keracare okay now? I need to know before I decide to purchase and give it a try.

Back