How to use Silicon Mix

QueenT

I just recieved my Silicon Mix conditioner. I was wondering should I follow the directions on the container exactly and rinse within 3 minutes or can I use it as a deep conditioner.

I purchased the product because of the raves it recieved on LHCF. From my understanding, it should help me detangle my hair.

Any input would be appreciated.

This morning I washed my hair and used Silicon Mix as a deep conditioner. I towel dried (blotted) my hair and attempted to comb it with a shower comb.

My hair was tangled.

I had to use Nexxus Humectress as a leave in to detangle my hair.

Should I have combed my hair immediately after rinsing the Silicon Mix out? I did notice my hair felt really soft after I rinsed the Silicon Mix out of it.

I was scared to detangle in the shower because last week it seems like I lost a lot of hair detangling that way.

:nono2: Silicon Mix or not, I always detangle in the shower under the pressure of the shower. If I put a towel to my hair and try to comb thru it, I'll have MAJOR DISASTER!! You probably lost more hair then if you tried to comb out in the shower.

Did you use a creamy leave in after you towel dried? That may have helped the comb glide through some...you could have even used a lil more silicon mix at that time.

I believe how you shampoo your hair helps determine the amount of tangles a person will get, if you are doing alot of scrubbing and swooshing the hair around on your head into like a pile it will cause major tangles :nono:. But for minor tangling of the ends always comb from the ends up under water pressure, the water pressure helps alot, and sometime a wide tooth comb can miss large spaces and seamless hair dressing comb can help alot better depending on the situation. I know I have to use both combs, a wide tooth only comb can cause some problems after a while on my head.

Back