How to roll hair on rods?

QueenT

I plan on rolling my 9 year old daughter's hair on rods this afternoon.

She will wear a head band (plastic) after the style is complete.

What direction should I place the rods?

I think I should roll the top and sides back.

After rolling the top and sides, I plan on parting the back of her hair doun the middle.

Next, I will roll the hair toward the part on both sides.

Let me know if this sounds right.

Wednesday is the first day of school and I want to make sure she is happy with her hair.

I plan on rolling my 9 year old daughter's hair on rods this afternoon.

She will wear a head band (plastic) after the style is complete.

What direction should I place the rods?

I think I should roll the top and sides back.

After rolling the top and sides, I plan on parting the back of her hair doun the middle.

Next, I will roll the hair toward the part on both sides.

Let me know if this sounds right.

Wednesday is the first day of school and I want to make sure she is happy with her hair.
I usually start at the nape and go up from there. That helps me to get the best set. When you use rods, you have to make sure to keep the partings small. This also helps dry faster. I part from ear to ear. HTH.

:rolleyes: I would place mine going vertical like a straw set or flexi set and then pull them apart once they were dry. If i placed them horizontally I think it would turn out like a mushroom on my head, not cute on an adult. Putting them up and down would make a spiral effect.:yep:

ETA: I also start from the bottom.

Thank you for your input. Because of your response, my daughter's hair turned out well.

The front did not turn out exactly as I'd hoped; however, I know I'll get better as time goes on.

Back