How to Maintain length without heat

nesha24

Hey ladies,
Im sure this question has been asked before, but I'll ask again anyway. I have never had a relaxer and my hair has been pretty healthy and at a nice length. After being on the board for a while, I have been reading that many of you ladies wash your hair every day or every other day. I'm wondering how someone like me who would have to add heat to my hair can do something like this without damaging my hair. Any suggestions?

First off let me start by saying that your hair is beautiful! If you are washing your hair every day or every other day then it would be best for you to do co-washes (conditioner only washes, no shampoos) you can use cheapie conditioners interested in like suave or V05 etc. You would put it on your hair and leave it on for like 5 minutes or so and then rinse out. You probably would use a shampoo like once a week to get rid of build-up. As for heat, I am not quite sure what you mean. Do you want to do heat styles so that you can wear your hair straight? If so then I would suggest you do roller sets under a hood dryer, this is a pretty safe way for implementing heat in your hair regime with minimum damage. If you plan on washing your hair often then you may have to wear curly styles or protective styles (braidouts/twistouts/buns). I hope this advice helps you out!:)

Back