How to find Staple products!

JusticeMe

I've figured it out. Only "Umpteen" hundred dollars later.

Early today, I co washed with MT, and since I was getting a sew in later I wanted to deep condition.

BTW, Let me mention I'm transitioning.

Anyway, I couldn't decide which DC I wanted to use, and I also want to narrow in on which products work better over others. My idea...try 2 at the same time. I knew I would use my ORS Replenshing Pak (In the bottle, which by the way I don't think is as good as the small packs).

I also heard that Silcon Mix was a good deep conditioner although it says to leave it on for 2-3 minutes on the package.

So I parted my hair down the middle and got my relaxer brush and used SM on my right side and ORS on my left side. I started with the ORS and once I started on the right with the SM I immediately noticed a difference in the way my hair felt. It felt as though the SM was wayyy more moisturizing than the ORS. It was almost as though the ORS sat on top of my hair, while the SM absorbed into my hair.

Even rinsing the SM out my hair felt better on the right as opposed to the left. I blew my hair dry and I must say there wasn't any noticeable difference in either side but I still felt more partial to the SM for future use. I still like ORS but I need to narrow down my products to determine my staples. Especially since I have 4 more DC I need to test.

Long story long...This is the way I will determine which products I like best, if you use them simultaneously you can easily determine which product works best for you, I'll do this for shampoos, conditioners, leave ins etc.

Hope this helps someone else.

:grin:

Good idea, thanks for sharing! I'm just afraid one side of my head would end up looking like a HAM and I'd have to re-wash, but at least I'd know not to use that product again.

I've figured it out. Only "Umpteen" hundred dollars later.

Early today, I co washed with MT, and since I was getting a sew in later I wanted to deep condition.

BTW, Let me mention I'm transitioning.

Anyway, I couldn't decide which DC I wanted to use, and I also want to narrow in on which products work better over others. My idea...try 2 at the same time. I knew I would use my ORS Replenshing Pak (In the bottle, which by the way I don't think is as good as the small packs).

I also heard that Silcon Mix was a good deep conditioner although it says to leave it on for 2-3 minutes on the package.

So I parted my hair down the middle and got my relaxer brush and used SM on my right side and ORS on my left side. I started with the ORS and once I started on the right with the SM I immediately noticed a difference in the way my hair felt. It felt as though the SM was wayyy more moisturizing than the ORS. It was almost as though the ORS sat on top of my hair, while the SM absorbed into my hair.

Even rinsing the SM out my hair felt better on the right as opposed to the left. I blew my hair dry and I must say there wasn't any noticeable difference in either side but I still felt more partial to the SM for future use. I still like ORS but I need to narrow down my products to determine my staples. Especially since I have 4 more DC I need to test.

Long story long...This is the way I will determine which products I like best, if you use them simultaneously you can easily determine which product works best for you, I'll do this for shampoos, conditioners, leave ins etc.

Hope this helps someone else.

:grin:

Hi, which Silicone Mix did you use? (dumb question) :spinning:

yhst-2926993581959_2073_9077630

I used this Silicon Mix.

Also I thought about how one side could turn out to be a HAM BUT, at least you would be able to noticeably compare products, since you applied the exact same products prior to the test ones, otherwise the next time you try it could be like a false positive, if product you used the first time around react differently then the ones you used the second time around.
Hope that makes sense :notworthy

Back