How soon should I do a corrective

TaiMatias

I self relax and usually under process and I want straight hair. I usually stretch for 3 months, but when I relaxed in Dec '09 I under processed and thought I would just pull the relaxer through when I relaxed in March. Unfortunately I again under processed :wallbash: and I don't know what to do. I was thinking about trying again April 1, but is that too soon, should I just wait until June like I would have if my hair was precisely processed. If I relax in april I was planning to relax again in June anyway to keep my schedule on point. I think I and under processed due to adding protein and oil to my relaxer, so the next time I relax I will not. In Dec I switched from phyto to Alter ego lye and in Dec I think the under processing was largely due to my head being on fire as I did not base because I forgot how it was to use lye, so I was dancing around too much to really smooth my hair the way I needed to get my hair straight I had to rinse it out I felt like Denzel in Malcolm X when he was putting the conk in his hair and ended up having to rinse his head with toilet water :lachen: (I just hopped in the shower, but you know what I mean lol) my head was on fiyaaaaaa :burning:. Please Help TIA

I self relax and usually under process and I want straight hair. I usually stretch for 3 months, but when I relaxed in Dec '09 I under processed and thought I would just pull the relaxer through when I relaxed in March. Unfortunately I again under processed :wallbash: and I don't know what to do. I was thinking about trying again April 1, but is that too soon, should I just wait until June like I would have if my hair was precisely processed. If I relax in april I was planning to relax again in June anyway to keep my schedule on point. I think I and under processed due to adding protein and oil to my relaxer, so the next time I relax I will not. In Dec I switched from phyto to Alter ego lye and in Dec I think the under processing was largely due to my head being on fire as I did not base because I forgot how it was to use lye, so I was dancing around too much to really smooth my hair the way I needed to get my hair straight I had to rinse it out I felt like Denzel in Malcolm X when he was putting the conk in his hair and ended up having to rinse his head with toilet water :lachen: (I just hopped in the shower, but you know what I mean lol) my head was on fiyaaaaaa :burning:. Please Help TIA

Give it a good two to 4 weeks from this date, this should give your scalp enough time to heal. Give your scalp a good Aloe vera gel treatment with honey and coconut or olive oil (found that on this site) this weekend. Do the corrective in sections. Lye relaxers process the hair slower than no lye so adding the protein and oil to the relaxer will cause you to underprocess again. I use Mizani BB and I had to move up to Super because the Reg was underprocessing me and I had to leave it on too long ( I am 4a/4b and have medium/course strands with heavy density). There also is link for self relaxing that should help and a texlars thread to help you figure out how processed you want to be, whether it be 50% straight or 70% straight:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=157899

texlaxers support:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=131009

Here is a link about the Alter ego relaxer:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=293109

Last edited:
Back