How Often Do You Deep Condition?

lamaria211

Are there any ladies (relaxed or natural) that DC twice a week or more??? Please share your reggie and experience

My hair was so overprocessed and damaged when I started, I dc'd 2x a week for almost 2 years.

One dc was moisture and the other was a light protein. Now that my hair health is on track, I dc 1x a week.

Sent from my android tablet using LHCF App

Hey Girl :bighug:,

I use to deep condition twice a week also, but due to sheer laziness it had dwindled down to one deep condition and one cowash per week. I find that DC/Cowash's are the ultimate way to moisturize my hair, so I generally try to do them often as possible. But Now I will admit, I only did the DC's twice a week in the beginning because I was OBSESSED with anything haircare towards the beginning of my journey, so the more my hands was in my head, the better :lachen:. However, I've come a longggggg way from that and try to keep my DC sessions to just once a week :lick:.

I recently started dcing twice a week and my hair have gotten thicker, growth rate have increased and my hair have become more manageable.
Regimen:
Dc on dry hair overnight with aloe and coconut oil (Sun & Wed.)
Co wash 2x/ week with dove damage therapy daily moisture
Air dry then keep my hair in a bun until next co wash.
M&s daily
Protein treatment with Keracare super reconstructor every 2 months

I been deep conditioning twice a week since April. Sunday I use Aubrey Organics HSR, Thursday I use Aubrey Organics GPB both after I co wash with Hair one or Tresemme naturals. I clarify my hair every 4-6 weeks. That is about it literally... No moisturizing or co washing in between. It has helped my hair tremendously, my hair is always soft and well balanced. Don't see me stopping anytime soon. I'm 4b natural.

Sometimes i dc more than once if i have nothing to do....i just like doing things to my hair lol.......but it is never the same kind of dc within the week......sometimes moisture....sometimes protein.....sometimes clasy mask....just depends on how i feel

I DC up to 4 times a week on dry hair before my daily cowash:look: I steam my DC in about once a week and the other times are with or without a cap. I've been doing this for about a year. My hair is always in balance and feels great.

What I do
Monday and Wednesday night (on dry hair)DC overnight with ceranide oils and a moisturizing DC CW in the mornings
Sat overnight with Wen on dry hair, rinse do a protein condish for 10 mins then DC for hours 1 he with heat

I DC once a week. I would love to do it twice a week because it feels sooooo good. But that's too much manipulation for my hair esp the twice a week detangling. :( In the beginning of my HHJ I use to cowash 3X a week. I stopped because I wasn't retaining. The manipulation is so serious. Sigh...

twice a week as i get farther in my stretch. I only use shampoo if my hair feels like there is too much gunk on it

I dc twice a week Wednesday and Sunday.

I will paste regimen later on my cell phone.

2 times a week condition wash/deep condition with Wen Fig,Joico Moisture Recovery Balm,Aussie Moist Conditioner,Aussie 3 min Deep Conditioner,Joico Kpak Moisture Hydration Conditioner,Joico Moisture Recovery Conditioner,Ors Replenshing Conditioner & Many More (((My hair Loves Moisturizing Conditioners ))) so when ever i see a good conditioner I try it if the price is decent.

Moisturizers: Qhemet Root Burdock,Qhemet Olive & Honey balm,S-Curl,Proline Softner Moisturizer.

I Relax Every 9-10 wks With Organic Root stimulator.

No Shampoo,I use Roux Porosity Control once a month

I only use Heat when i am checking the Length

Protective style 99.9% of the time

Last edited:
I cowash almost everyday and my hair is doing well. I DC on thurs/fri with AO GPB and sunday with AOWC. My hair is braided through out the week and I take out the braids to DC with AO products. I cowash with braids in my hair. I wear wigs all the time and have been since March. I hate them though:ohwell::perplexed. I can't wait to wear a braid out.

I DC about twice a week. Basically it involves me leaving on my conditioner a bit longer than just rinsing it out after a minute.

I'm doing a dry DC right now using this odd, off brand Italian conditioner I got from Ross; it's super moisturizing with a lot of slip and has good ingredients. I also put Vatika oil on my hair. If I didn't have that conditioner, I would use AO Honeysuckle Rose, Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Purification Hair Masque or something I feel is just as good. If I didn't have Vatika oil, I would use coconut. I don't use heat, but I don on a plastic cap.

My hair is easier to manage and have less breakage.

For a long time I was deep conditioning 2x a week but recently I have notice that my hair can do with just 1x a week or sometimes once every 2 weeks. I guess it just depends on your hair and what it needs. I find that my hair does not need deep conditioning as much as it did when I first started my journey.

My hair was so overprocessed and damaged when I started, I dc'd 2x a week for almost 2 years.

One dc was moisture and the other was a light protein. Now that my hair health is on track, I dc 1x a week.

Sent from my android tablet using LHCF App

^^THIS is me!! Now I simply DC once per week, and cowash once per week.:yep:

.now that im wigging it once a week (plus daily GHE) keeps my hair not dry....i think i could benefit from 2x a week but my hair is SOOOO fragile when wet, im to scared of the extra manipulation :(

Back