How Much Henna is Too Much???

biancaelyse

I've been doing a lot of henna treatments over the past six months. I love how silky and shiny it makes my hair but I've been noticing how straight my ends are recently. I am a 3C and I wear my hair natural 99.99% of the time so the 2 textures are a problem. I don't normally shampoo, but I started using a curly hair shampoo 2x a week and now after 2 weeks, my hair is starting to curl again on the ends.

I'm so relieved, but I'll miss my henna. It was fun!!!

I have heard some naturals say that it loosens there curl pattern but I have never heard of it ''straightening'' your hair.

I have spoken to a lady at Mahandi.com who sells body art henna and she said you can henna as often as you like too but if you are doing it to ''dye'' your hair (wait overnight for the color to release then apply) then it will darken it each time. But if you dont wait for the color to realease then you should be able to do it as often as you like without any ill sideaffects. I told her that for the color I may do it every 4 months but for just the onditioning aspect I wanted to do it monthly and she said that would be fine.

I hope this helps you

Yes, some people find that henna makes their hair straighter. I don't think it's had that effect on my hair. I use henna once a month, so maybe if I started doing weekly treatments, on a long term basis, it would be different.

Immediately after using henna my hair is straightened. But my curls bounce back after a few washes.

henna straightened the hell out of my hair! So much so that the past year of growth that I have looks like new growth to the hennaed hair :nono: I loved the thickness it gave me, but oi made me lose my curls.

Yup - I overdid it. It was like making mudpies on my head. I would do 3-4 treatments a month. The last inch or 2 on the ends were starting to really be straight, like I was growing out a relaxer.

Hopefully I can go back at some point ad do it less frequently. I have a refrigerator full of boxes of henna!!

I used henna monthly for almost a year...& I just finished cutting it all off in December :)My hair is multi textured the areas that were already loose became to str8 & made my twists unravel even more than they naturally do already. I also wanted to see my natural hair colour before it all goes grey....

Back