how much do you retain?

coolsista-paris

hi to all. i was trying to measure my growth rate and retention.... i just gave up. i think it was only like 3 inches this year :-( of retention . i did dusting but dont check how much i take off.

LETS SHARE

do you mind we all share the answers below ,with your great participation too :-) :-)

-what is your average growth per year :

- how much do you retain :

-give us the little secret/advice :

-hair type (2,3,4,a b c):

-natural/relaxed/texlaxed/etc :

thank you !!!

Last edited:
hi to all. i was trying to measure my growth rate and retention.... i just gave up. i think it was only like 3 inches this year :-( of retention . i did dusting but dont check how much i gake off.

LETS SHARE

do you mind we all share the answers below ,with your great participation too :-) :-)

- how much do you retain :

-give us the little secret/advice :

-hair type (2,3,4,a b c):

-natural/relaxed/texlaxed/etc :

thank you !!!

My avg growth rate is 6.5 inches

I retained almost 4-5 inches I still had 3 inches I had to cut.

Keep it simple!

My hair type is 4a/b medium density fine strands.

I am relaxed!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using LHCF excuse any typos do not use my photos please!!!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121229_215302.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121229_215302.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 31
I made a sulfur oil mix and went from SL to MBL in a little less than a year. I was protective styling 6 days a week, heat and dusting only every 3 months for length checks. The following year, this year, I went from grazing MBL to grazing WL. Not nearly the growth and retention I had the year before, but I wore my hair out more, used heat more, and my sulfur mix less. I also dusted less. My hair looks great, thick and healthy, so I'm satisfied with the lesser growth and retention. I plan to be grazing HL by the end of 2013, while still enjoying my hair. Oh, and I'm 3c pretty much all around with some 3b here and there. I'm also 14 months post, transitioning without big chop.

Sent from my ice cold evo 3d y'all!

I made a sulfur oil mix and went from SL to MBL in a little less than a year. I was protective styling 6 days a week, heat and dusting only every 3 months for length checks. The following year, this year, I went from grazing MBL to grazing WL. Not nearly the growth and retention I had the year before, but I wore my hair out more, used heat more, and my sulfur mix less. I also dusted less. My hair looks great, thick and healthy, so I'm satisfied with the lesser growth and retention. I plan to be grazing HL by the end of 2013, while still enjoying my hair. Oh, and I'm 3c pretty much all around with some 3b here and there. I'm also 14 months post, transitioning without big chop.

Would you please share you sulfur mix recipe? marta9227

Sure! I actually make it up and sell it to friends, family, church members, co-workers and folks online. My website is miraclehairoil.com but that only came about because when I told people the recipe they said oh, I don't have time to do all that, can I pay you to make it for me? Lol.

Anyways, I heat evoo and peppermint oil together and then infuse it with sulfur and glycerin mixed. I leave the residual sulfur/glycerin (that wasn't infused) in the bottom of the bottle and shake it up with each use.

Message me with any questions. HTH! Happy New Year! God bless!

what is your average growth per year : I believe I can average 6 inches in a year. I'm always 'grazing' a milestone but never 'over' a specific length so uhmmm *shrugs*

- how much do you retain : I retain a lot.

-give us the little secret/advice : I like PS'ing. Many ladies do not.

-hair type (2,3,4,a b c): 4 something or other

-natural/relaxed/texlaxed/etc : Relaxed

For that first year I put it on twice a day faithfully. I didn't care if my roots were oily because I was always protective styling. Now I'm sort of haphazard about it, although here in the winter I've started using it 3-5 nights a week because it's doing a great job of keeping the dry scalp at bay. Sulfur is awesome!

i usually retain 4-5 inches a year. i have an average growth rate, but i do have spurts here and there. i am really going to work on controlling my breakage and split ends.

This year was 6 1/2 (my 1st year fully natural)

- how much do you retain : 1/2' per month on avg there was a jump during the summer with a full 1' and I've managed to retain my growth since my last trim
*I'm counting from Jan '12 to this month, I had a set back last Jan when I lost 2'

-give us the little secret/advice : Listening and adhering to your hairs' needs, deep conditioning, make sure your scalp is cleansed, moisturizing ends

hair type (2,3,4,a b c): 3c/4a natural

Sent from my jacked iPhone

Last edited:
Honestly I never pay attention to the exact measurements. As long as I meeting certain milestones & have few setbacks. I do keep track of my length w/ a stripped shirt though but its not numbered.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

I started my hair journey in january 2011, my hair was ear length/neck length, by october 2011, I was APL!!! i got great growth that year. Now 2012, was a different story, i started noticing mid shaft split, missing cuticles, and from january 2012 to now, I have been cutting my hair every single month and sometimes dusting weekly to get rid of damage.
Last time I did a length check was may 2012 and I was BSB, haven't done anymore since.
I think my hair grows pretty fast, but being fine and naturally highly porous, it is very prone to damage.
What i notice is in 2011 I was using Henna monthly till October, so since a week ago i have started hennaeing my hair again! hoping for the best in 2013.
I might try the sulfur oil!

My longest strands are 12-14 inches and I have been natural for 4 years (I started with less than 1/2 inch). I guess that means I retain about 3 inches a year. I'm 4b by the way

UOTE="marta9227, post: 17587889, member: 303427"]I made a sulfur oil mix and went from SL to MBL in a little less than a year. I was protective styling 6 days a week, heat and dusting only every 3 months for length checks. The following year, this year, I went from grazing MBL to grazing WL. Not nearly the growth and retention I had the year before, but I wore my hair out more, used heat more, and my sulfur mix less. I also dusted less. My hair looks great, thick and healthy, so I'm satisfied with the lesser growth and retention. I plan to be grazing HL by the end of 2013, while still enjoying my hair. Oh, and I'm 3c pretty much all around with some 3b here and there. I'm also 14 months post, transitioning without big chop.

Sent from my ice cold evo 3d y'all![/QUOTE]

What exactly is in your sulphur mix?

Back