How many times a week do you deep condition?

tri3nity

Hello Ladies! Since joining LHCF I have become obsessed with washing and deep conditioning my hair. I used to hate doing my own hair. :nono: Would go to my stylist every week for a wash and flat iron and bi-weekly dc. Now I haven't been to see her since November when I received my last relaxer, because I've been washing my hair 2 times a week and wet wrapping. (No heat) I'm proud of myself.:yay: Now I have tried to just wash and apply an instant conditioner to my hair midweek and I've been unsuccessful at doing this. I have been compelled to do a dc midweek as well. Is this helping or possibly hurting my hair? I focus mainly on moisture through the week and mild protein treatments on the weekend.

Haha.. I love DCing too

I Deep condition twice a week with heat for 15 mins. Moisture on Shampoo day, after final rinse apply leave in. Protien/Moisture (no shampoo) after final rinse apply leave in. Its working out well.

For the rinse out instant conditioner maybe you want to let it sit for awhile, or Apply Rinse out and re-apply, then apply leave in? Thats how I do it with my instant conditioner if I don't want to DC.

For some, it works wonders. I tried that and it didn't do much for me, except cause a minimal amount of breakage. I have fine, thin texture hair that does not like excess manipulation. I DC weekly after I shampoo. I use KeraCare humecto and smooth it all the way through concentrating on ends, then sit under the dryer for 20 min. Works like a charm every time. HTH!

I DC twice a week. It also helps me to detangle and style. My hair is very curly and a dry mess if I don't DC often.

Let me start off by saying that I am OBSESSED with DCing. It's a de-stresser for me. I Deep condition between 2 - 3 times a week. Which equates to EVERY time I shampoo/co-wash.

I hate dc'ing. I might do it 2 or 3 times a month and that's me being good. I would never dc any more than once a week because I feel that if the effects of the dc I'm using can't even last a measly week than I need to look into something else. IMO a deep conditioning treatment should last more than a few days.

There should be no need to keep doing it over and over. Waste of time.....for me.

usually once a week but i'm upping it to 2 now that I'm in the DC challenge.

Whats the 15-10-10 method?

I DC once a week, but that's because it's the only time I have, and I don't like doing my hair when I don't have time.
If I had more time, I'd do it two times a week.
And if I had time and could air dry my hair, I'd do it three times a week. It's just so relaxing, and makes my hair look and feel so good. :lick:

Zero. I don't recommend it.

why not?

I deep condition once a week, or once every week and a half...
I don't know if it's enough but it's all I do right now :lol:

I'd like to know why not as well. I DC as often as Sharifeh.

Oasis, are you saying not to DC at all or do you mean not to do it multiple times a week. I can understand not doing it multiple times a week due to over manipulation, but I can't fathom never DCing.

I'd like to know why not as well. I DC as often as Sharifeh.

Oasis, are you saying not to DC at all or do you mean not to do it multiple times a week. I can understand not doing it multiple times a week due to over manipulation, but I can't fathom never DCing.
I know you weren't quoting me, but I have heard of a lot of people who don't dc at all and they have very healthy looking lengthy hair....maybe that's what she's referring to? Just speculating.

Personally I wouldn't say not to ever ever do it but I don't think it needs to be done multiple times a week. I just use quality moisturizers and they do more than any dc could ever do. But if dc'ing every other day is working for someone than keep doing it i guess. It would be way too much for me though.

Back