How long should I wait after scratching my scalp?

pearlgirl

How long should I wait after scratching my scalp to apply a relaxer? 24 hours? 48 hours? Longer? I really need help on this one quick. I have a job interview monday and I really need to relax my hair. Would it be all right for me to just put grease or vaseline on my scalp before relaxing it to avoid chemical burns so that I could go ahead and relax my hair even though I scratched it earlier today? HELP!!!

Hi Pearlgirl
wave.gif

I would suggest at least 2 days... although I liked to wait 3 days.

As for basing with vaseline to relax today... well, I don't know... i'll leave that one for other members to address
smile.gif

Just a thought... if for whatever reason u don't relax, maybe u could do a rollerset to temp straighten your new growth...
think.gif

Re: How long should I wait after scratching my sca

Hi
wave.gif

It really depends on how you stratch the scalp...gently in some areas with your nails or rubbing using your fingertips. Sometimes I can't help but to gently rub in certain spots especially if I haven't relax in 8 to 10 weeks.
crazy.gif
I'm doing my relaxer today....the day before I oiled my scalp well and today I will base the scalp with petrolatum pre-creme for added protection. Hope this helps.
smile.gif

Back