How long did you wait to take your first Progress Pic and...

vestaluv1

How often do you check your length?
I was trying to wait three months to straighten my hair and take my 1st pic, but I'm getting impatient :wallbash:

I mean I guess I can tell by stretching my newgrowth that I am collarbone now and not shoulder anymore?

Attachments

• strecth.jpg
    strecth.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I check my length whenever I straighten which is once a month. I was supposed to post progress pics in april but forgot. I don't take pics much anymore

I ONLY TOOK A COUPLE OF PICS BUT I HAVE TO STRAIGHTEN IT TO SEE ITS FULL LENGTH ONCE I GET OUT THE SHOWER MY TRANSITIONING HAIR STARTS TO SHRINK:nono:

IM PLANNING ON BC THIS YEAR

I take hair pics all the time but I take progress pics every time I relax my newgrownth which varies from 2-3 months.

Yeah, I hate this too. I have some messed shrinkage.
me too
i gave myself a cut 2 days ago
i blew it out and put it on the lowest setting to flat iron it

it got it straight but not salon flat iron i didnt want to put it to the highest because i dont want mt new growth heat damaged:perplexed

I waited four months before posting a progress pic in my fotki. I took my first progress pic for Bootcamp 08', but I haven't posted it up. I usually take my pics after a relaxer. It's easier because I stretch 3-4 months at a time.

I check my progress when I do my touch-ups and that's when I take progress pictures as well.

When I first did the b/c, I was taking progress pics and measurements about every three months. Now I no longer measure and I take progress (length) pics about every six months. I'm due for some now, but I'm holding off.

I check my length often and feel like I've been at Bra Strap forever now so I need to quit checking or perhaps my hair is in its resting phase.

I've never taken a progress pic. I meant to buy a camera to do so but it's almost pointless for me since I rarely do twist-outs and I don't straigten my hair. When I do decide to do it, it won't be a big deal to you LHCFers either because you won't have a basis to compare! But to folks that know me, they can't wait and so can't I :)

My first comp pics would be 2 and then 2 years and 3 mos later. I plan on taking them 3 mos at a time until I reach MBL or WSL and then I'll slow down....

The first (and only so far) happened about 11 months after I started. I took that long of a break from heat, which is why I waited so long. I plan to take progress pics every time I straighten my hair OR every 6 months, which ever comes first.

HTH!

Back