How in the world...

FunkyDiva

Do I use my caruso rollers. I tried to experiment with them today and they totally frustrated me and Im ready to take them back:mad: My hair took FOREVER to dry, so long that I just took them out and said "F it" My hair never takes that long EVER. This can't be right, I thought that this was susposed to be a rather fast process. For all of that I mind as well take them back and use my regular rollers (which seems to dry my hair faster) Please ladies give me a breakdown on the Caruso's because I heard such good things about them and I want them to work for me too. What do I do?

WomanlyCharm said:
Prissygirl114, did you use them on wet hair? They're meant to be used on dry hair.
Easy mistake.

Seconded. Try again on dry hair, you should have curls in about 10 minutes...

I will be getting some soon and read a few things about them

Some say shake off any excess water b/f putting in your hair
Also, some leave them in anywhere from 10-30 min. while getting dressed etc...
Also--many are having success w/ using end papers too!
hth some!

prissygirl114 said:
no, no my hair way dry. i did put a little, little lotta body on it though. was that the mistake

A teeny bit of Lottabody shouldn't have made your hair take forever to dry, that's wierd. I don't know what else could be the problem.

How long did you leave them in before taking them out?

That might be the problem. I usually just mix a little lotta body in the steamer with the water (just a tiny bit, or it all bubbles up and makes a mess).
And don't let the curlers get too wet, then you'll end up with frizzy hair...some people wrap their rollers in papers, don't steam the covers, other stuff.
It takes a little bit of experimentation to see what method works best for you and your hair.

I use a little setting lotion in the container and fill the water up to the line then let each roller sit about 5 seconds on the steam. Remember to use end papers. By the time I'm finished with my whole head I can start taking out those I started with and the curls come out great.

Try not to leave the roller on the steamer too long and not use too much setting lotion b/c that might elongate the drying process. Caruso rollers are great. I've used them up to 12 weeks post relaxer and my hair came out soft and bouncy with many compliments.

Keep trying till you find the method that's right for you. Don't give just yet!!!! They're are good itme to have when you need a quick style

WomanlyCharm said:
And don't let the curlers get too wet, then you'll end up with frizzy hair...some people wrap their rollers in papers, don't steam the covers, other stuff.
It takes a little bit of experimentation to see what method works best for you and your hair.

The curlers can definitely get too wet which causes your hair to be damp. Do experiment to find the minimum steam it takes to durl your hair and nt leave your hair damp. I find waiting a few second from taking the roller off the steamer and putting it on my hair makes a big difference.

yea i think the setting lotion was the culprit. i used a dab the first time i caruso'd my hair and it never did dry either. don't use anything...the curls will last.

Back